Dzeko for Gotze or Lewandowski?

All transfer rumours, gossip, and speculation
Dax777

Re: Dzeko for Gotze or Lewandowski?

Postby Dax777 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Matt the Giant wrote:
Kun Aguero wrote:The Only centre forwards(if Messi and Tranaldo don't count) I would take instead of Dzeko are, Cavani, RVP and Benzema.

I would add Gonzalo Higuain, Guiseppe Rossi and Iker Muniain (who is as much a centre forward as Chrisitiano is) to that list.
And I know he's hated around here, but Luis Suarez would be ideal for our kind of system me thinks: a true poacher, quick and very technically gifted.

Oh and I wouldn't put RVP on that list as I doubt he will ever again have a season like this one, especially in team not playing up to his advantages.

Come on now! Muniain? Dzeko has scored more goals this season than Muniain has scored his entirey adult career. Muniain is a nice prospect, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He is not a striker perse, nor does he score that many goals.

The only strikers I'd take over Dzeko are RVP and Rooney. I.e strikers with individual talents outside their scoring ability.

Matt the Giant

Postby Matt the Giant » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Dax777 wrote:
Matt the Giant wrote:
Kun Aguero wrote:The Only centre forwards(if Messi and Tranaldo don't count) I would take instead of Dzeko are, Cavani, RVP and Benzema.

I would add Gonzalo Higuain, Guiseppe Rossi and Iker Muniain (who is as much a centre forward as Chrisitiano is) to that list.
And I know he's hated around here, but Luis Suarez would be ideal for our kind of system me thinks: a true poacher, quick and very technically gifted.

Oh and I wouldn't put RVP on that list as I doubt he will ever again have a season like this one, especially in team not playing up to his advantages.

Come on now! Muniain? Dzeko has scored more goals this season than Muniain has scored his entirey adult career. Muniain is a nice prospect, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He is not a striker perse, nor does he score that many goals.

The only strikers I'd take over Dzeko are RVP and Rooney. I.e strikers with individual talents outside their scoring ability.

Well I was thinking about Munian as a long-time investment. If Dzeko goes we still have three class strikers, plus a young forth one doing well abroad so wouldn't mind seeing a move for a players such as Iker.
Besides, looking at Barcelona earlier this evening: they almost play without a traditional target man/striker and seem to be doing rather well. They had a go at a tall and strong target man in Ibra, and that didn't work at all, and instead they opted for smaller, quicker and more technically gifted players. Maybe something we should consider as well?

If we were to replace Dzeko with a player as similar to him as possible (I don
t see why) Llorente, Gomez comes to mind. I actually would consider RVP a HUGE risk/gamble: for the first time in his career he's having a fantastically prolific season and that's because Arsenals entire strategy is designed to support and suit him. That would not happen here with us. He is old, meaning no resale value at all and he is injury prone.

I'd much much rather have Higuain, which is my personal nr.1 choice for a potential new striker this summer.

J3SUS

Postby J3SUS » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 am

Ruhr wrote:
Mancio wrote:fotze market value is well over the dzeko one

Fotze? With that name you have a real problem in germany :)

a bit like one of the greatest German players to pull on the shirt ... Stefan Kuntz

Dax777

Postby Dax777 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 am

Matt the Giant wrote:
Dax777 wrote:
Matt the Giant wrote:

Well I was thinking about Munian as a long-time investment. If Dzeko goes we still have three class strikers, plus a young forth one doing well abroad so wouldn't mind seeing a move for a players such as Iker.
Besides, looking at Barcelona earlier this evening: they almost play without a traditional target man/striker and seem to be doing rather well. They had a go at a tall and strong target man in Ibra, and that didn't work at all, and instead they opted for smaller, quicker and more technically gifted players. Maybe something we should consider as well?

If we were to replace Dzeko with a player as similar to him as possible (I don
t see why) Llorente, Gomez comes to mind. I actually would consider RVP a HUGE risk/gamble: for the first time in his career he's having a fantastically prolific season and that's because Arsenals entire strategy is designed to support and suit him. That would not happen here with us. He is old, meaning no resale value at all and he is injury prone.

I'd much much rather have Higuain, which is my personal nr.1 choice for a potential new striker this summer.

I see. Thought you were talking about the striker's talent, and by saying players you'd take over Dzeko, you mean't playes you believed were better than Dzeko.

If you are just talking about attacking players you want if Dzeko left, then sure, every one would want prospects like Muniain. Even though I have a funny feeling he is not going to reach his potential. He reminds me of Giovinco.

Matt the Giant

Postby Matt the Giant » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 am

Dax777 wrote:If you are just talking about attacking players you want if Dzeko left, then sure, every one would want prospects like Muniain. Even though I have a funny feeling he is not going to reach his potential. He reminds me of Giovinco.

Yes that's it. I'm not so sure our type of play needs four class strikers as we don't tend to use them in their natural position anyway. Aguero is a given and suits our philosophy like a glove, but Dzeko and Balotelli does not. Teves does as well, but if Mancini stays I think he will leave us this summer, and I guess unfortunately that's for the best.

So if we would loose Dzeko for example, I would prefer to see us bring in someone who is more like Aguero or Tevez, someone who functions in small crowed spaces, technically gifted, quick and who would complement Aguero or Tevez.
If AJ played for the team more and not for himself he could be brilliant for us, if he realized and accepted that his role was primarily to support the striker and to assist him rather than have a go at it himself. He'd need to work on his engine as well.

youngkippax

Postby youngkippax » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Matt the Giant wrote:
Dax777 wrote:If you are just talking about attacking players you want if Dzeko left, then sure, every one would want prospects like Muniain. Even though I have a funny feeling he is not going to reach his potential. He reminds me of Giovinco.

Yes that's it. I'm not so sure our type of play needs four class strikers as we don't tend to use them in their natural position anyway. Aguero is a given and suits our philosophy like a glove, but Dzeko and Balotelli does not. Teves does as well, but if Mancini stays I think he will leave us this summer, and I guess unfortunately that's for the best.

So if we would loose Dzeko for example, I would prefer to see us bring in someone who is more like Aguero or Tevez, someone who functions in small crowed spaces, technically gifted, quick and who would complement Aguero or Tevez.
If AJ played for the team more and not for himself he could be brilliant for us, if he realized and accepted that his role was primarily to support the striker and to assist him rather than have a go at it himself. He'd need to work on his engine as well.

like benzema or lavezzi

Ruhr

Postby Ruhr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Lumberjack Pete7 wrote:
Ruhr wrote:
Mancio wrote:fotze market value is well over the dzeko one

Fotze? With that name you have a real problem in germany :)

a bit like one of the greatest German players to pull on the shirt ... Stefan Kuntz

poor Stefan Kuntz, he didn´t deserve this :-)

Marvin

Postby Marvin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Would be a huge mistake to sell Dzeko.

He has been marginalised this season after starting it so well.

EaglesFan

Postby EaglesFan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Both Dzeko and his manager already dismissed this story as utter garbage.

And if he has ANY say in his future trade - he would never go back to Bundesliga to any club but Bayern, as he has overgrown it long time ago. Dont see what's in it for him (he already won a title there).

He likes challenges so my guess is he would do anything to stay in EPL, or try Serie A potentially...

Borussia Dortmund?? All due respect - but no way.

BTW - original source of this is The Sun I think - and they've already moved Dzeko to 4 different clubs...pure speculation.

Florida Blue

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transfer forum