No it doesn't. The vid shows the thoughts and theories of ONE ex-policeman who now makes a living peddling his book about the case
Fowlers Penalty Miss wrote:
He probably walked out of the room because there was no blood found in the car.
The problems the McCann's have faced since day one of their daughters disappearance is the simple fact that lies and untruths were printed in the Portugese press. These were then printed in the English press as facts, which have resulted in them being perceived as their daughters murderers.
The McCanns have told their story in front of select Committees at the House of Commons, they have told their story at the current enquiry into press standards, they have the backing of the current government which has resulted in Scotland Yard detectives going over to Portugal.
They hoped, when their daughter went missing, the press would help them. They couldn't have been more wrong, and, judging by some of the posts on here, it's easy to understand their frustration.
When the Hillsborough disaster happened, some scurrilous reporter, working for The Sun, wrote that the Liverpool fans were all pissed up and were picking the pockets of the dead. It took a huge amount of effort from the survivors and relatives of the dead, something like 20 years, to get the world to appreciate the disaster for what it was. A huge Police cock up.
The McCanns are on their own. How much longer does it take for their message to get out?
They lost their daughter, and they want her back.
The way some posts on here have been written, frankly, I find ghoulish.
Open your eyes, open your hearts, forget what you read in the paper, and just look at it for what is!
Why would you bring up the Hillsborough disaster on this thread? To support your claim there can be a police vendetta against the McCanns? Then what about the woman who kidnapped her own daughter, and then claimed some other people did it? Last I heard, the UK courts was wondering whether to give her a new identity, seeing as her family has threatened to kill her if she was released from prison, for deceiving them..so pardon me if i don't take every story at their face-value. Even if I did, I would still blame them for leaving the kids alone in a foreign country while they went for a drink with their friends, however near it was...
You talk about the lies and untruths from the press. Could you mention them in detail, maybe using didactic's post, which spells out the arguments of the Portuguese police,
as reference? What was the response of the UK police, and did they investigate these claims?
Answer these questions for me please and you can research this to see it is all correct.
1. When talking to their friends and in the initial statements why did the McCanns tell the police that their child had been taken when someone had "jimmed" the shutters and forced the window open. But when the police showed that it was not possible as the window and shutters were not damaged or scratched they retracted that to suggest the "person" had someone opened the door?
2. Why do their statements not match and why do they not agree on seeing Jane Tanner when she claims to have seen a man carrying a child?
3. When questioned on the case the McCanns always said they could not talk about certain things as there was an ongoing investigation. This investigation stopped in 2008 and they were then allowed to disclose what they knew how come they still have not answered those questions like...
4. Why did they wait so long to report the crime go to the length of creating a time line after walking around in the apartment contaminating the crime scene?
5. Why is there no evidence of forced entry and no DNA from anyone else besides the friends and family?
6. Why did Kate run back to the Tapas bar screaming Maddie was gone leaving the twins alone and when she had her mobile phone with her? So one child is taken you leave two and run down the road screaming but do not think to call the police or your friends to come to the apartment while you keep the others safe?
7. In a TV interview Kate said that Maddie had told her the night before she was "abducted" that her and her brother had been crying during the night and no one had come. Yet the following night her and her husband left the children alone again, why?
8. Two sets of police arrived that night both times the McCanns got on their knees after raising their arms over their head and then put their heads down and hands in front of them. The officers found this very odd and included this in the police reports. Why would they act like they are surrending?
9. Why did they refuse to pay for the evening baby sitter that was provided by the resort and decided to leave 3 children alone?
10. Why did Kate admit on BBC that she has not spent any time actually physically looking for Maddie? Why did Gerrys brother only weeks after the disappearance quit his job and get hired to manage the money coming in for the "Maddie fund"? He was also getting paid by this fund.
11. Shortly after Maddie when missing Kate was taken in for question and famously refused to answer any of the 48 questions presented to her.
12. Why did they hire a public relations officer and have a firm working on their behalf using "find Maddie funds"?
13. in August 2007 they said "We will take a lie detector test any time." When a local paper said it would pay for one as long as it could publish the results why did they turn this offer down? The police then offered to pay in 2008 for them all to return so they could recreate the scene every single one of their friends and themselves refused, why?
14. Why did they tell police they made a "pact of silence"? What about?
15. Why did they ignore police advice to publish details of her distinctive feature as the police said any kidnapper would panic and kill the victim? This is the feature they focused mainly on against police advice the difference in Maddies eyes. The Drs response “We thought it was possible that publicising her coloboma could harm Madeleine. Her abductor might do something to her eye. But in marketing terms it was a good ploy”.
16. Father Pacheco a priest who supported the family then eventually said he had a "crisis of conscience" and could not support them any longer. He also said due to the church oath he could not reveal what they told him. What did they tell him that changed his mind?
17. People who are denying the dog evidence need to answer how a childs DNA and hair got into the tire well of a rental car used many days after Maddie "disappeared"? Also the dogs belonged to and the tests were done by British independent investigators. Why did Dr McCann call this evidence "unreliable" even though they have been successful in over 200 cases?
18. In the beginning they said "We will never leave Portugal until our daughter is found." Why then 3 days after being told they were suspects did they leave Portugal?
19. Why did Kate wash her daughters favorite toy even though it was still to be tested by the dogs?
20. Lastly how come none of the investigators employed by the family specialise in locating missing children? Also why did they hire people like Kevin Halligen who had a criminal record and was a known fraudster who admitted to squandering money and distributed the monies in the "find Maddie fund" as he pleased?
If you could kindly answer or rebuff any of the above at your own leisure I would appreciate it. Also please lets try and stay away from the "most people believe" or "you dont seem very intelligent" or "have some compassion" arguments. Lets be Vulcans for a day and discuss using evidence and logic not emotion as I feel that emotions are being used against people to cover a horrible crime.