Could the match be called off on Monday?

All City related discussion here
kippaxwarrior

Could the match be called off on Monday?

Postby kippaxwarrior » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Just looking at some weather reports and it doesnt look good
Heavy snow Saturday night and all day Sunday. Around 6-8 inches of snow is predicted with temp around -7 to -13c at night
I know the pitch will be ok, however access to the ground maybe a problem with ice and snow
Does the club have any contingency plans to make sure the surrounding area around the ground is safe?

Boff

Re: Could the match be called off on Monday?

Postby Boff » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 pm

kippaxwarrior wrote:Just looking at some weather reports and it doesnt look good
Heavy snow Saturday night and all day Sunday. Around 6-8 inches of snow is predicted with temp around -7 to -13c at night
I know the pitch will be ok, however access to the ground maybe a problem with ice and snow
Does the club have any contingency plans to make sure the surrounding area around the ground is safe?

they can ask for salt from all the local chippies

black mamba

Postby black mamba » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 pm

If they've got any sense , now that Tevez doesn't want to play for us anymore , they'll send him out onto Ashton New Road with a bag of salt and a shovel in his hand!

de niro

Postby de niro » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:44 pm

kippaxwarrior wrote:Just looking at some weather reports and it doesnt look good

they always have a team of mini jcb's clearing the snow round coms, should be fine.

lee-mcfc

Postby lee-mcfc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 pm

no

Falastur

Postby Falastur » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 pm

They'll cancel the match if they think the conditions are too dangerous for fans to get to the game. City's facilities should be good enough to keep the pitch in playable condition though.

mcfcliam

Postby mcfcliam » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:47 pm

Right lads, we'll all have a Bluemoon shovel up snow day...12pm, Beswick Precinct, bring a shovel...

Ashton Old Road on monday...

Balti

Postby Balti » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:48 pm

lee-mcfc wrote:no

how many more shit posts will you be making tonight?

Marvin

Postby Marvin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 am

I put the club postcode in www.weather.co.uk and the forecast is nothing like as bad as you suggest. You must be referring to the forecast for your own area

Chick Counterfly

Postby Chick Counterfly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:20 am

Marvin wrote:

I put the club postcode in http://www.weather.co.uk and the forecast is nothing like as bad as you suggest. You must be referring to the forecast for your own area

there are four severe weather warnings for Gtr Manchester, one every day until the match. the snow fall is not an exaggeration, there is a 60% chance of 'severe' snow disrutption.... although I don't know where he got the temps from, monday night will be extremely cold, with the added risk of fog.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

Next

Return to Bluemoon forum