Swedish starlet signed

All City related discussion here
john@staustell

Swedish starlet signed

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am

Manchester City have beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus to the £400,000 signing of 15-year old Swedish striker Zacharias Faour.

The Malmo player will move to Manchester in January when he turns 16, and is earmarked for the under-19 team next season.

He will join countryman John Guidetti at the Blues

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... sh-4187665

Matt the Giant

Re: Swedish starlet signed

Postby Matt the Giant » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 am

Where's that Titanic pic?

Zuriblue

Postby Zuriblue » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Matt the Giant wrote:Where's that Titanic pic?

What, this one?

;)

LookIfoundmyKnob

Postby LookIfoundmyKnob » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Anyone have a clip of the youngster?

Graceyboy

Postby Graceyboy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:06 am

Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

I know we have a decent quota of English lads, but I don't see why we see the need to keep buying in from abroad at this age.

chesterguy

Postby chesterguy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:22 am

Graceyboy wrote:Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

I know we have a decent quota of English lads, but I don't see why we see the need to keep buying in from abroad at this age.

What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

bluealf

Postby bluealf » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:28 am

Becasue 80% of English youngsters if not more are to lazy to be footballers and are sat in front of fifa13 instead.

jimharri

Postby jimharri » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 am

Fuck it. No one's asked yet, so;

Does he track back?

samharris

Postby samharris » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 am

Graceyboy wrote:Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

Most young British talent think they are better than what they are and have their heads rammed firmly up their own arses..
Last edited by samharris on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

burning blue soul

Location: they laughed when i said i was going to be a comedian...well...they're not laughing now!!!

Postby burning blue soul » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 am

chesterguy wrote:

What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

the f.a. are the ones that should have their strategies questioned. it is their responsibility to introduce coaching techniques for english youngsters, not the privately owned football club that is a going concern trying to make a profit in the entertainment industry.

Next

Return to Bluemoon forum