A stint in Darwin, OZ

You wont be doing much swimming in the NT mate, its not like the rest of Oz where everyones on the beach surfing etc. The national parks are stunning but again you have to watch out for the crocs. Most people are however happy to swim with the freshies as they pose little threat.

Try and visit the bigger cities if you get chance as the difference between Darwin and Sydney is like comparing Buxton to London.

Enjoy.
Yeah, I was thinking the man made lagoons. With box jellyfish, sharks, crocs, stonefish and blue ring octopus in the vicinity I'll be giving the sea a wide berth I think.

I got to do Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth last time, so when I get chance will try to head to the Far East I think.

Friends of ours emmigrated
They hadn't been in Oz long and were in rented accommodation. Sarah was hanging out the washing in what was an overgrown garden and felt a sting on her leg
It ballooned right up so she went to hospital for treatment
When the doc found out how it had happened he said "first rule of Australia, stay out of the long grass"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.