"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

I'm just impressed with the continuing con trick Spurs have managed to pull off. It must be the longest con in history and fair play to them. They've managed to fool everyone they are a massive club and should be mentioned with Arsenal and the rags. The reality is they are no bigger than West Ham, Villa, Everton, Newcastle or even ourselves pre investment.
Spot on. They've won fuck all since 1991 and we all know football was only invented in '92, so their history doesn't count.

if we were part of a break away league/ top 6 id stop going to city matches. we would be part of the end of football in england potentially. greed is killing the game and id hate if we were part of that.

I'm probably in the minority, but I admit to thinking I would love to see us utterly dominate football as long as possible. I never get bored of seeing us win and it'd be great to one day overhaul the rag's trophy haul. The sooner the better. Itd be amazing to have City the world's dominant club, signing £250m players and taking any star player we want from any club in the world, winning title after title and smashing in 5, 6, 7 goals and occasionally double figures. Honestly I genuinely wish this. Realistically I hope we can get as close to that ideal as possible one day.

Has this only just become apparent to them now?

This elitism started in 1992! Below is an extract of text from Wikipedia on the Premier League (apologies if any copyrights are infringed!):

"The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from the Football League, which was founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal"

The élitism started earlier than '92.

It began when the original so-called 'big five' - rags, Spurs, l'Arse and the two dippers - insisted that all gate money be retained by the home team.

Early '80s, I think it was.

No chance.

The same people who voted no confidence in the FA this week, also said they were happy that the PL had increased significantly, the amount of money going into grass roots football from the PL. Much more likely, is that they want the PL to take over the running of football. I hope not, as that will be wrong for every other level of football, much better that the PL give money to grass roots football, but that the FA gets reorganised, and that particularly grass roots, most significantly the coaching at junior level gets reorganised, and for me, taken away from clubs completely up to the age of 16.

Football in the UK needs huge change, and the last thing it needs is a top 6 cartel muted at that meeting taking money for themselves, it also needs huge change at the FA in how football is run.

its more than a no confidence vote and yes the government want a better say and a single body running football in england but the truth is the money leaving this country in tax free overseas accounts to Sky and skys media group and murdoch we are talking £billions of pounds each year with little to no tax being paid that's what the government want to stop or change

the clubs are based in england and fans turning each week are paying really good money to watch football but arm chair football right around the world is bigger and easy money the clubs think they are getting a great deal but what is the turn over from skys media group how many country's are watching the game in england the amount of money from each single one of them is bigger than what the clubs make each season what percentage is sky taking must be over 65% tax free and that is why the government are getting involved

forget the top 6 clubs they will toe the line if the government get involved and why not they will make more money from a british tv company or sell there own rights to whoever the highest bidders are. but (mark my words) the money going out of premier league football will not carry on in the way is and the government will want a tax of 50% in the pound and like it or lump it so the winners will be tax man the losers YES the fans

its more than a no confidence vote and yes the government want a better say and a single body running football in england but the truth is the money leaving this country in tax free overseas accounts to Sky and skys media group and murdoch we are talking £billions of pounds each year with little to no tax being paid that's what the government want to stop or change

the clubs are based in england and fans turning each week are paying really good money to watch football but arm chair football right around the world is bigger and easy money the clubs think they are getting a great deal but what is the turn over from skys media group how many country's are watching the game in england the amount of money from each single one of them is bigger than what the clubs make each season what percentage is sky taking must be over 65% tax free and that is why the government are getting involved

forget the top 6 clubs they will toe the line if the government get involved and why not they will make more money from a british tv company or sell there own rights to whoever the highest bidders are. but (mark my words) the money going out of premier league football will not carry on in the way is and the government will want a tax of 50% in the pound and like it or lump it so the winners will be tax man the losers YES the fans
What makes you think the premier league doesn't contribute to the exchequer?

The élitism started earlier than '92.

It began when the original so-called 'big five' - rags, Spurs, l'Arse and the two dippers - insisted that all gate money be retained by the home team.

Early '80s, I think it was.
It was brought in after the 80/81 season. That season the so-called Big 5 finished 3rd, 5th, 8th,10th and 15th. By the end of 84/85 they finished 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 7th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.