Geronimo Rulli

I always thought the plan was to have Gunn as no 2 next season regardless of who the no 1 was, that's why I'm surprised he hasn't been given a run in the cups.
I don't agree with having a youngster on the bench, Gunn needs to be out on loan playing games. Like what we did with Hart.

I don't agree with having a youngster on the bench, Gunn needs to be out on loan playing games. Like what we did with Hart.
If he was on the bench/back up for league games and was playing in hte FA and League Cup I'd be more than happy - Hart was in the first team here before he went on loan to Birmingham, he'd pushed out Schmeichel, Issakson and Weaver, Hughes just wanted to bring Given in.

We don't need gambles now. Only the highest quality in such a key position as GK is acceptable. If another Buffon or a Neuer becomes available then that's where we should be spending the money, not taking any more chances on players who might or might not be up to the job.
Not exactly those type of keepers available right now.

Donnarumma would be the most expensive keeper on the market. Buffon had more seasons under his belt before he made the switch to Juventus.

so no youngsters should ever be on the bench then ?
Think he meant at Goalie. And by youngster he meant passed the youth level but new to Senior football

He is right though, good young Goalies need to play. You can't e a backup playing cup games or you are bound to be a backup.

Bit of a booboo in the last minute against Eibar to concede an equaliser.

I've watched Sociedad a few times this season, I think Rulli is decent, but not much more than a mid-table La Liga keeper at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.