Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard on the radio the other day, That Stan Kronke has £250m sat in a bank and uses Arsenal to fund other ventures.
For Wenger to let this happen (he must know) is a disgrace.

Yep. I don't solely blame Wenger because it's Kroenke and the board that are responsible for a lack of investment, but Wenger is totally complicit in allowing it to happen. For a club the size of Arsenal to spend less than the likes of Stoke and Bournemouth in some recent transfer windows is nothing short of a disgrace and I can understand why their fans are so up in arms.

Thing is, I don't see the policy changing if Wenger goes. They'll want someone who agrees to the same conditions to replace him so there's little chance it will be a big name manager.

I've heard rumours that Usmanov is so pissed off about the situation that he's selling his shares in the summer and going to join his mate Moshiri at Everton.

I can't believe there are people out there who still defend Wenger.

His team have had the same failings for pretty much the last 10 years. 10 years!

I can understand why the Arsenal board/owners are happy enough, but surely for everyone else football is about winning no?

He's had so much time, total control, plenty of money, all the facilities, some brilliant players, yet they're going nowhere.

Just thought about this to. I think the mix of him winning some stuff for them and seemingly being the face of when they got the players in, add into that the boards desire to keep him as he has earned them loads and taken the heat for their policy. He does not do it for love either, he is paid at least 7m a year. He saw the last comfy seat that was not used in musical chairs, that will have influenced him to stay also. The guy is a fraud to an extent due to his absolute complicit involvement in the chronic player under investment.

Given his meeting of minds with the owners and them being happy to stay where they are you have to, as a fan, want him gone.

I am happy for him to stay because he has enough to keep utd's head under water.

In the minority but that Wenger interview wasn't an easy watch. He looked broken and yes he's gone on too long and yes its a ruthless business but I felt for him.

I remember that amazing team he first built and taking it to the rags when no-one else could and we were shite. Made life a bit more bearable for a few seasons.

Have you forgotten how he fought for years to try and stop us getting a seat at the table? Fuck him.

I can't believe there are people out there who still defend Wenger.

His team have had the same failings for pretty much the last 10 years. 10 years!

I can understand why the Arsenal board/owners are happy enough, but surely for everyone else football is about winning no?

He's had so much time, total control, plenty of money, all the facilities, some brilliant players, yet they're going nowhere.
To be fair to him he pretty much built that Stadium himself with the buying and selling he's done down the years but it looks like a change is afoot in the summer. He should've left to join PSG when he had the chance, that would've been the best option for both himself and the club.

SImilar to the GPC both have put their egos before their clubs best interests.

To be fair to him he pretty much built that Stadium himself with the buying and selling he's done down the years but it looks like a change is afoot in the summer. He should've left to join PSG when he had the chance, that would've been the best option for both himself and the club.

If they had really gone for it player wise in the last 5 years i would say 'ok he tried' but if i was a gooner i would be thinking now 'hmm it has barely changed'. So from an ambition pov i would want him gone. He did drag us out of the dark ages as a footballing nation almost single handed though. He does deserve great respect for that, everyone saw Arsenal becoming a machine and had to catch up, no more pints after the match type stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.