City Women sign Carli Lloyd - Official

Carli Lloyd you say?

ThirdFreeHeterodontosaurus.gif

image.png

Carli Lloyd welcome to Manchester City!!!

Barely enough time to recover from her inevitable typical City injury after 3 highly impressive games.

I seen the thread and went to BBC for the video interview....... first question was put to her why did you come to city? i m starting to hate the bbc now.

Welcome to City Carli , wish you all the best in our colours.

Amazing news!!!

I'll never forget when she scored from midfield in the World Cup Final to snag a hat trick in the first 15 mins.

Yep, you read that correctly, from midfield, hat trick in 15 mins, world cup final. Let that soak in. Probably my second favorite moment watching football behind that whole Aguerooooooooo QPR thing. Check it out.

Serves to further raise the profile of City in the U.S., and I hope it proves to be a fruitful move for both parties. Her story is an interesting one, too, if anyone cares to delve into it.

Quality player.

Serves to further raise the profile of City in the U.S., and I hope it proves to be a fruitful move for both parties. Her story is an interesting one, too, if anyone cares to delve into it.

Quality player.
I've heard her book is interesting. Might go pick it up.

Its a kind of male / female turn around now in the football transfer market.. Certain players went to the old toilet accross the road to dye their hair / sell shirts / enhance their range of clothing, while Carli came to city with the correct attitude and said "City have the best facilities and i see a good future for myself here" !!

Can't wait to take my 5 year old daughter to a MCWFC game soon, she's really excited to see Carli as we followed this one as the media reported it, and actually so am I too after watching most of the progress last year online. She still loves 'Square-O' as she calls him, but the joy in her face when I told her City have a girls team too is something I'll remember for a long time. Being inclusive, showing equality, proud of City for that.

Hope we announce a friendly soon, was kind of hoping or a half term friendly for next week as that would have been perfect timing, but am sure the opportunity will be there soon.

On a side note, am loving the fact that the media are not or cannot use the moneybags accusations with our ladies team, like they did with the men's (and still do to be fair). They're evidently more scared to say anything because of the immense benefits and promotion City are bringing to the women's game by pushing boundaries, getting bums on seats and ruthlessly chasing silverware, which compared to the attitudes and actions of some other clubs, most strikingly the shambles across the city, is like comparing the 21st century to the dark ages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.