The ''How The Hell Did We Lose That Game'' thread (26 years ago today..)

Not going to lie - this one hurt.....a lot

Thought we'd blown one of the few chances I'd seen of watching City win the cup ( or any trophy for that matter ! ).

We had a good team - bang in form...confidence was high.

It just felt that it never mattered what we did something would conspire to stop us ever winning anything meaningful.

And I was convinced there goal was offside - now not certain - was Coton not in front of that Lund when ball passed to him ?

Last edited:
Drove to the game with my mate. We were worried it might have been called off because of the weather. Pity it wasn't.

First game in my maroon shirt bought as a leaving prezzie when I changed offices.

We battered them, Cherry had a piece in the programme about him letting in shedloads of goals against us in previous games. If we were still playing now 26 years later we'd still not have scored.

We had at least half the main stand as well as behind the goal, we were walked to our seat the original turnstiles we viewable with the stand having been boxed off rather than removed.

Thought this was worse. At least Notts County had a few attempts!

I think we hit the goal frame seven times in that game and on 88 or 89 mins did DunneyMonster have a game of netball in our penalty area. Think Speed put the pen away!

There's a good few of recent memory where we have surrendered a two-goal lead. Two games stand out - Nottingham Forest in the Cup 0-3 and the season Fulham managed to stay up with OwlHead 2-3!

Wow..........26 years ago. Remember it being freezing and drinking cans from an off licence near the ground pre-match because we couldn't be arsed walking to a pub. Doesn't seem half a lifetime ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.