"Alty fan" Taylor to referee Huddersfield

I'm not going to suggest he's as straight as a die, the same goes for the FA, but I fail to believe the latter would choose this game to stick the boot in, unless a few positive decisions towards us on Saturday are used as a Trojan horse to appoint him to a more pivotal fixture in the spring.

Simple answer is to make the same noise if they try that

I'm not going to suggest he's as straight as a die, the same goes for the FA, but I fail to believe the latter would choose this game to stick the boot in, unless a few positive decisions towards us on Saturday are used as a Trojan horse to appoint him to a more pivotal fixture in the spring.

Well, it's not live on UK tv, so highlights will be selective!

we know what you are
we know what you are

bent scum c*nt from Altrincham
we know what you are

Anthony Taylor is from Manchester, but is regularly given matches involving both Manchester sides. Is this a problem, can we really have grievances and even suspect him of negative actions against City for unproven claims that he has sympathies with our main rivals? Well, going by the FA's own position on such situations, hell yes.

Speaking to someone who used to referee in similar circles to him many moons ago, I am assured that whilst he himself may or may not be a United fan, many of his relatives and multiple generations of his family are. This undoubtedly has an influence privately on him, whether he lets it show and manifest itself in his profession is the bit that has to be proven. I can appreciate from the FA's point of view it all gets rather sticky here - United are a vastly supported club so to have a referee with no connections at all to Untied, or to any PL club, is nigh on impossible. But the FA also have a duty to protect their referee's from sticky situations, and putting him in the firing line repeatedly is a confusing message.

Take Kevin Friend, he was removed from a Spurs match later on in the season as he is a Leicester resident and they were the main contenders for the title last season. No match is ever worth more than three points, so removing a ref from a game in the final part of the season as with Friend should not be a factor, it should apply for any game.

It is likely more difficult with Manchester as you have potentially more teams involved, with Manchester having two PL clubs, and so the scope in terms of team directly affected is greater (City, United and our two direct opponents that week, plus those teams around us both) . But not impossible to navigate, if the FA wanted to.

I genuinely don't however think this would be an for us issue despite all of the above if there was not history of Taylor having very questionable behaviors in games where he has reffed us. And by that I mean, every ref comes under fire, every ref gets things wrong, and every ref is to a degree unpopular with each set of fans in each game, and fans remember. But in Taylor's case there are multiple incidents in multiple games which bring either his ability, or his bias, into sufficient question as to make putting him in such a position a very odd decision from the FA. It doesn't protect him from abuse or criticism pre or post game, and it doesn't follow the previous behavior and guidelines shown by the FA.

And finally, for a FA Cup game, essentially a knock out, a grand final in its own right, once the precedent was set with Friend then Taylor should never be near an FA Cup tie directly involving a Manchester club.

You could just hire foreign refs. Pretty easy really

This game is a write off. I hope I'm wrong.

Lack of TV audience gives him free reign to do whatever he likes

I am terribly interested if the ref has a `homer` game......

Not taking anything away from Hudderfield as they are playing very well in championship. It will be a tough game for sure, I hope the ref isn t a talking point from our perspective.

I lived in wythenshawe for 27 years
Never ever met one single altrincham fan .

I live in Wythenshawe, and a bloke I speak to in my local(a pretty decent rag, by their shit standards). He knows the Altrinchams(cough cough) family, and they are indeed, of the swamp dwelling persuasion. Even he's baffled, as to how he gets to ref, our games and theirs. He makes a great point too, even if he somehow decided to go against the grain, and support Altrincham. It is well known, he's from a family of rags, so that in itself is a conflict of interest. Same if they were blue, I appreciate all refs could have family connections to various clubs. However surely, they shouldn't be refereeing locally. Fucking stinks if you ask me, but that's the FArce for you. I mean they do have David(no connection to the rags honest) Gill on board too. How the fuck all this shit, is not being heavily investigated, is beyond me.

I live in Wythenshawe, and a bloke I speak to in my local(a pretty decent rag, by their shit standards). He knows the Altrinchams(cough cough) family, and they are indeed, of the swamp dwelling persuasion. Even he's baffled, as to how he gets to ref, our games and theirs. He makes a great point too, even if he somehow decided to go against the grain, and support Altrincham. It is well known, he's from a family of rags, so that in itself is a conflict of interest. Same if they were blue, I appreciate all refs could have family connections to various clubs. However surely, they shouldn't be refereeing locally. Fucking stinks if you ask me, but that's the FArce for you. I mean they do have David(no connection to the rags honest) Gill on board too. How the fuck all this shit, is not being heavily investigated, is beyond me.

I am mildly surprised that all Premiership refs dont infact have to be Rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.