Billy McNeill

urban genie

Story in tomorrows scottish papers about Billy McNeill who is suffering from dementia and the problems he is having even talking at times.

I know he was with us only a couple of years and left us and that many never forgave him at the time, but he got us promotion and I doubt anybody at the time, the way the club was with the internal mess would have done any better than he did or stayed as long.

For me it's sad to see this happen to him, and I feel for his family.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da.../celtic-great-billy-mcneills-wife-9918666.amp

Last edited:
The family also want to back the Sunday Mail’s campaign on dementia in football.

"We are calling for more funding to further research links between the disease and heading a football" – something the family wholeheartedly support.

My Mum has never headed a football in her life but she suffers with this debilitating illness ...

He was in a very sorry state at a Champions League draw a few years back, so I'm not entirely surprised by this news, which is still very sad. It's horrible watching a loved one get taken by this awful illness.

The manner he left us was unfortunate, but City fans should remember who his immediate boss was. I expect that played a big part in his decision to go to Villa, who also got relegated that season. He did very well to get us promoted with fuck all money after Swales had criminally mismanaged the club for a number of years.

I hope whatever time he has left is as peaceful and painless as possible.

Did a great job with no money and as GDM says,who wouldnt take the opportunity to get away from Swales.

Feel so sorry for his family,Billy probably is unaware of whats going on around him,so hard for them all.
His wife sounds an absolute star.

He was in a very sorry state at a Champions League draw a few years back, so I'm not entirely surprised by this news, which is still very sad. It's horrible watching a loved one get taken by this awful illness.

The manner he left us was unfortunate, but City fans should remember who his immediate boss was. I expect that played a big part in his decision to go to Villa, who also got relegated that season. He did very well to get us promoted with fuck all money after Swales had criminally mismanaged the club for a number of years.

Well said, GDM.

And may I echo those sentiments.

Good luck, Billy.

This, gutted when he left, only the prevailing years showed us what an incompetent regime he had worked wonders under

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.