Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grew into the game last night and by the end of it, albeit with a fucked and demoralised opposition he looked great imo. He is comfortable on the ball and more importantly for a kid, he doesn't hide away.

Pep obviously likes him so time will tell.

Always on the move so he's available for a pass.

He should start against Boro.

Think he will certainly start. Due to his last performance and more so because it will be important to rest one of our midfielders before Monaco.

Does Garcia become a HG player after next season since he would've been at the club for 3 years?
He'll be homegrown and club trained under the 3 full seasons rule. Eligible for the u21s/B list for Champions League as well next year.

Think he will certainly start. Due to his last performance and more so because it will be important to rest one of our midfielders before Monaco.

Here's hoping, I think he's passed every test we've given him so far. Another start is what he deserves, hell I'm hoping he can get on the bench vs Stoke.

Here's hoping, I think he's passed every test we've given him so far. Another start is what he deserves, hell I'm hoping he can get on the bench vs Stoke.

Definitely. He has the talent just needs more game time to improve his confidence a little more. Would love to see him start vs Boro and perform well then keep his place in the next round if we win, where we'll probably get a tough draw. Will do wonders for his experience and growth as a player.

He's so comfortable on the ball and grew into the game. In the second half he was excellent. I think it was around the 70 minute mark where he had a period of ten minutes where he was exceptional. He chested a fizzed clearance from Huddersfield to a team mate to instantly control and win possession when under pressure. He offered himself for Bravo and the defenders time and time again. Bravo clapped him at one stage because he'd been so composed on the ball. Like Busquets, he'll offer himself on the edge of the area and will control the ball and find a team mate. He'll play it instantly, or take a touch and he's not afraid to pass forwards which is crucial in that role. His range of passing is excellent.

I'd much rather see him given time than us buying someone in that role, other positions need strengthening first and Garcia looks like he could fit into Pep's starting 11 without an issue. A few tired passes aside he was brilliant. I could see him in that role next to Gundogan no problem, with Gundogan doing more of the box to box work and Aleix pulling the strings from deeper.

Glad that at last he got a start in the league, though it was a pity he came into the team on a day when we had decided to play a different system and with people in different places. Was never going to be easy, but the experience will stand him in good stead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.