Chelsea Thread 16/17

I don't think you can say that with any seriousness tbh. It was a great chance and you probably win that game comfortably if he had scored, but City have messed up in quite a few other games otherwise you wouldn't be 10/8 points behind us.

Also we aren't only top of the league because we're functional. That is a myth that I've found is circulated the most amongst City supporters. I think we've the right balance between quality football, creativity and functionality, pragmatism and game management.
Boring sums up how you play plus cynical,hazard is on his arse at the slightest breeze

I don't think you can say that with any seriousness tbh. It was a great chance and you probably win that game comfortably if he had scored, but City have messed up in quite a few other games otherwise you wouldn't be 10/8 points behind us.

Also we aren't only top of the league because we're functional. That is a myth that I've found is circulated the most amongst City supporters. I think we've the right balance between quality football, creativity and functionality, pragmatism and game management.

Wouldn't expect a Chelsea supporter to think any differently about your team.

Doesn't mean that you are right or totally objective in that opinion though.

Wouldn't expect a Chelsea supporter to think any differently about your team.

Doesn't mean that you are right or totally objective in that opinion though.

That's fair, but I think it's telling that, in my experience, it's mostly just this forum that I regularly find Chelsea so consistently labeled a boring functional team.

That's fair, but I think it's telling that, in my experience, it's mostly just this forum that I regularly find Chelsea so consistently labeled a boring functional team.

Perhaps City fans expect a more attractive type of football than Chelsea fans - Mourinho's influence will have no doubt conditioned you to pragmatic football.

Well that's exactly what you are. It's pretty much your identity in world football, you're the big club who plays like a small club, to good success. You sit back, absorb pressure and try and hit teams on the break with pacey wingers and a big strong striker. A lot like Palace tbh, but with much better players

Perhaps City fans expect a more attractive type of football than Chelsea fans - Mourinho's influence will have no doubt conditioned you to pragmatic football.

I meant among neutrals.

I think attractive football is subjective. If people think possession football is the only way to be attractive, then very few teams play attractive football. Chelsea fans know what good football looks like. Most gladly admit we were a bit pragmatic under Mourinho.

Well that's exactly what you are. It's pretty much your identity in world football, you're the big club who plays like a small club, to good success. You sit back, absorb pressure and try and hit teams on the break with pacey wingers and a big strong striker. A lot like Palace tbh, but with much better players

Except we average about 55-60% possession in most seasons. We only play the way you described in certain games, which probably make up about 3% of our games over the course of a season, which IMO adds to the versatility of the team. Being able to switch between styles and strategies seamlessly is good trait to have IMO.

Last edited:
Boring sums up how you play plus cynical,hazard is on his arse at the slightest breeze

They're just happy to see them all playing after the disgraceful way they downed tools last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.