Club Car Parking Question

edinburgh123

Anyone ever parked in the Club Car Park (G and H which are meant to be pay on the day). I always park about 20 mins walk away but my son has dislocated his knee and has an Op Tuesday
As such
Was wondering if anyone knows
a) how soon this is full by
b) how much of a pain it is to get out afterwards
Because there is no way he is going to be able to walk more than 5 or 10 mins for this weekends game against Liverpool
ta

Hi, which stand are you in? There is a handy car park opposite the south stand just off the New Rd in between the chippy on swallow st, it's the school grounds and is just a walk across a road tbh (6£ iirc) any car park that close will be a delay getting out unfortunately . Are you sure he will be upto walking anywhere after a knee op a few days before? All the best.

Hi, which stand are you in? There is a handy car park opposite the south stand just off the New Rd in between the chippy on swallow st, it's the school grounds and is just a walk across a road tbh (6£ iirc) any car park that close will be a delay getting out unfortunately . Are you sure he will be upto walking anywhere after a knee op a few days before? All the best.
In the family stand. He will be up to it - if it was West Brom or something probably not, but it is Liverpool so i am sure he will recover enough to hobble on crutches..:-) ta

In the family stand. He will be up to it - if it was West Brom or something probably not, but it is Liverpool so i am sure he will recover enough to hobble on crutches..:-) ta
I gather the club official car parks are a nightmare to get out of but there's a car park at the south end of New Viaduct St just near the junction with Philips Park Road (you can also access it from Keymer St) that charges £8 and is no further from the Family Stand turnstiles than the official car park. Much easier to get away from as well.

Anyone ever parked in the Club Car Park (G and H which are meant to be pay on the day). I always park about 20 mins walk away but my son has dislocated his knee and has an Op Tuesday
As such
Was wondering if anyone knows
a) how soon this is full by
b) how much of a pain it is to get out afterwards
Because there is no way he is going to be able to walk more than 5 or 10 mins for this weekends game against Liverpool
ta
Have you tried JustPark? There are spaces in the estate opposite the mercedes garage. We have used it all season - its slightly more expensive than the carparks but more convenient. We are parked in their for the match on Sunday. Exit is out the back of the estate - there is no escaping the traffic unless you are an early leaver, but its better than the car parks imo.

Bump. So on our visits from Scotland we have taken to parking in the club Green car park which is at the foot of Hillkirk Street. Fellow Blues, what route would you take after the game to get onto the M60? Our record so far is about 55 minutes which makes me think we are missing a trick.

We normally try and get onto the M602 motorway via the ring road but jeez its almost standstill for long periods. It was particularly bad on Saturday as the road was closed at the bottom of Beswick Street blocking access to Every Street.

Any good advice very welcome.

Bump. So on our visits from Scotland we have taken to parking in the club Green car park which is at the foot of Hillkirk Street. Fellow Blues, what route would you take after the game to get onto the M60? Our record so far is about 55 minutes which makes me think we are missing a trick.

We normally try and get onto the M602 motorway via the ring road but jeez its almost standstill for long periods. It was particularly bad on Saturday as the road was closed at the bottom of Beswick Street blocking access to Every Street.

The Mancunian Way is bleak after every game.

Have you tried meandering through Collyhurst up towards Cheetham Hill? Is Cambrian Street open after the match?

Go down Cambrian Street onto Bradford Road. Down Varley Street and turn right onto Oldham Road, then straight up to the M60. There's always traffic on Varley Street but it moves with the lights.

In fact there are a few car parks on Bradford Rd, between the Bradford Inn and Alan Turing Way. All charge £10 now but are secure and you'll get away a lot quicker, as long as you don mind a 10-15 minute walk to the ground.

The Mancunian Way is bleak after every game.

Have you tried meandering through Collyhurst up towards Cheetham Hill? Is Cambrian Street open after the match?
We come to the Etihad via exit 20 and down through Blackley and Harpurhey and had thought about trying to exit that way but I know Bradford Road will be rammed. Could try the route you suggest, have you used it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.