Olivier Ntcham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buy back clause we have in place for Ntcham is the future that City should follow for our youngsters. The mass loan deal is a bad idea because only desperate clubs will want to do this (NAC, Twente), but we want our youngsters tested with quality teams against quality opposition.

The best way to do this is to sell cheap (500k - 1mill) to decent leagues (for example Paolo Fernandes could be sold to a La Liga team, he is Spanish and wouldn't have issues with the language), then City can attach a buy back clause (5mil 1st year, 10 mill 2nd year). Both sides benefit, the other club gets a top quality academy player for cheap. We benefit because we only want academy players who show world class potential (Roberts at Celtic) and if they don't show it the club can keep the player (which incentivises the clubs to do this bc they bought them so cheap).

I can completely Imagine Paolo (19 next season) doing this, in two years he would be 21, if we don't see him being world class then we move on. Let me know if this idea is better or worse than the current mass loan situation?

The buy back clause we have in place for Ntcham is the future that City should follow for our youngsters. The mass loan deal is a bad idea because only desperate clubs will want to do this (NAC, Twente), but we want our youngsters tested with quality teams against quality opposition.

The best way to do this is to sell cheap (500k - 1mill) to decent leagues (for example Paolo Fernandes could be sold to a La Liga team, he is Spanish and wouldn't have issues with the language), then City can attach a buy back clause (5mil 1st year, 10 mill 2nd year). Both sides benefit, the other club gets a top quality academy player for cheap. We benefit because we only want academy players who show world class potential (Roberts at Celtic) and if they don't show it the club can keep the player (which incentivises the clubs to do this bc they bought them so cheap).

I can completely Imagine Paolo (19 next season) doing this, in two years he would be 21, if we don't see him being world class then we move on. Let me know if this idea is better or worse than the current mass loan situation?
Paolo Fernandes is a super talent , I agree with you that we should use this methods Instead of Dry Loans But with the good talents as Ntcham . Kongolo , Horsfield ... etc .
Talents as Paolo , Diaz , Phoden , Sancho either to the first team directlu or only Dry Loans .

It might be the best option with some, but imo all of the best ones should get some kind of taste (& test) of first team football, before we let them go anywhere. Then if they can't force their way into regular contention, loans or, as you say, sales with buy back clause.

But a decent number should get a sniff of the first team, then decide based on that.

Watching Genoa-Sampdoria atm, Ntcham plays left in a midfield three, he looks a class above this level. Didn't put a foot wrong till now and should have had an assist when he passed Simeone through on goal for a 1 v 1.

I really think he's a talent and he's gonna put it together at some point. Hopefully if he's sold we have a few buyback clauses put in.

I really think he's a talent and he's gonna put it together at some point. Hopefully if he's sold we have a few buyback clauses put in.

I think the talent is there, its a just a question of consistency and his attitude. I don't think he'll make it at City; however, I do believe he will make it in a big league in Europe and should make us a little money in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.