Joe Hardy

Sold to Brentford it seems. Another kid goes without getting a chance. It continues....is our fabled 'youth policy' a myth?

On the wind up I see! Joe is a great lad and a good footballer.I wish him the very best but as he wasn't even a regular at 18's level I somehow doubt he was destined to be a City first teamer. Never ever let City down when he played and scored regularly even if coming on as a sub.

We can't deny him the move. It is easier to break-through to Brentford's first team than ours this time around.

On the wind up I see! Joe is a great lad and a good footballer.I wish him the very best but as he wasn't even a regular at 18's level I somehow doubt he was destined to be a City first teamer. Never ever let City down when he played and scored regularly even if coming on as a sub.
This was the point I was making although it probably didn't come across well tbh. He wasn't one of our top talents in his age group and we'll be hard pressed just to give the top lads a chance in each group without causing problems at senior level.

Best of luck to the lad and hopefully he makes a great career out of it. Brentford isn't a bad club for a talented lad his age coming through.

This was the point I was making although it probably didn't come across well tbh. He wasn't one of our top talents in his age group and we'll be hard pressed just to give the top lads a chance in each group without causing problems at senior level.

Best of luck to the lad and hopefully he makes a great career out of it. Brentford isn't a bad club for a talented lad his age coming through.
Yep, decent lad who'll do well for himself but not an earthly of displacing those around him now let alone getting a shot at the 1st team. Yet another bollocks thread about the kids 'not getting a chance' with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Can't disagree with this one and the only relief I have is that he was moved on at a sensible time and not hanging around until he's 20/21 filling up EDS spaces. I really like Joe. Thought he worked very hard, scored goals and was clearly a very natural, instinctive finisher. 12 goals and 6 assists in about 13 games proves that too....BUT he wasn't even a regular at 18s level. He started the season as first choice but the second Lorenzo Gonzalez got his clearance he dropped down the pecking order again. Nmecha's ahead of him. Ambrose too, and obviously then G.Jesus, Aguero and Kelechi. The likes of Bobby Duncan emerging in the 16s (and no doubt 18s next year) plus even Brahim being preferred as a 9 at EDS level meant it made sense for him to move on.

I actually think he might be a more instinctive finisher than Gonzalez, but Gonzalez definitely has a better touch and more pace. I suspect we've got a nice buy back clause there either way. He's joining Brentford's B-Team I think, as they call it. Hopefully he'll be the young lad they go to for a bench spot pretty soon and so on. Good player. Likable. But probably the right move, and something I'd like to see more of to be honest. I don't think we need to keep these players here forever and its only fair on some of them that we move them on quicker.

Best of luck Joe.

Well done to the Academy for producing another player who should go on to make a very good career for himself in the game.

I've no idea. Was 18 and seemed promising but I suppose as soon as they're sold they 'were never good enough'. Who next?

Didn't play last year because Lukas Nmecha (same age) was much better. This season Luke Bolton (younger) is better than him, and more versatile.

Then there's the Swiss kid, Gonzalez, and older players like Ambrose or even Buckley-Ricketts and he'd be our 5th best option at striker under 21 in the academy.

Add in Unal on loan in Holland, or Iheanacho and he's got 6 or 7 u21 strikers between him and the first team. Lets not bring up Gabriel Jesus who's only a year older.

He seems like a nice lad, I did think he brought others around him into the game well, but if he "seemed promising" then 90% of the u18's and EDS seem promising - which they do to be fair, they're all good players these days. I didn't personally think he every stood out above his teammates as someone who should be bound for the first team, and the fact no one else seems devastated by him moving on suggests others feel the same.

Hope he does well and breaks through into the Brentford first team ASAP.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.