VPN/Proxy servers

aguerrrroooooooooooo

Seeing as people are having issues with certain sites being blocked I thought it might be an idea to have a thread about VPN and proxy servers
A few FAQ's
Q) What's a VPN?
A) A VPN is a Virtual Private Network. This is a network that you route your entire internet through on the device you are using the VPN - it replaces your ISP's ip address, whose network you currently connect to. The benefits of this are that it's a one shot setup for all devices if you do it at router level. (Credit to Damocles for this answer)
It's a private network between you and the remote server. As if you worked for a company and you sit at one desk and access a server within the same building, all on the same private network. But since it's done across the internet, it's called a virtual private network (Credit to chippy boy for this answer)
Q) What's a proxy server?
A) A proxy server is a server that sits in between another server and the internet, usually. All information intended for the destination server must pass through the proxy server first.
Q) Is it legal to use a VPN/proxy server?
A) Yes, many people who work from home use a VPN to secure their data between their home and office network traffic
Q) What VPN service should I use?
A) http://uk.pcmag.com/software/138/guide/the-best-vpn-services-of-2017
Q) What Proxy server should I use?
A) http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/privacy/best-proxy-services/

Last edited:
Not kept up with events but i know one BIG private server have lost Now Tv / Plex sky channel been removed so I hear.

they are already flogging/moving something called Emby(?) to punters who lost out on now tv boxs

Not kept up with events but i know one BIG private server have lost Now Tv / Plex sky channel been removed so I hear.

they are already flogging/moving something called Emby(?) to punters who lost out on now tv boxs
Not surprised, emby is basically an open source Plex in its infancy

Yep those run iptv smooth as fcuck without buffering last update on plex removed 3rd party options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.