City U18's v United U18's - 18th March

So pissed off with City. Can't think of another club that would have a huge local derby and have it behind closed doors. A huge game that they spend all season working towards, to get to the playoffs, and they do this. I went along today and stood outside in the rain for near 50 minutes waiting to get in. Gave up eventually as I was drenched and freezing.

For those who say 'but City said it would be' - they say that every fucking week and you still get in anyway, hence why I went. It's bollocks and totally inconsistent. There was about 25 people at most stood outside who would have clearly stood there harmlessly watching like everyone else. Even twenty five minutes into the game there was still about 10 braving it and hoping for the best who stood there, who were clearly regulars and just avid supporters of youth football. Yet no. Leave us in the rain.

I swear I once read somewhere that it's part of the competition rules that clubs have to have games open to spectators, but i might have imagined it. All I know is that every other club does. It's bollocks and typical of how they treat fans as hindrances for these things. We're fucking billionaires and we can't organise a venue for the 18s so fans can watch. Cheers, nice one.

So pissed off with City. Can't think of another club that would have a huge local derby and have it behind closed doors. A huge game that they spend all season working towards, to get to the playoffs, and they do this. I went along today and stood outside in the rain for near 50 minutes waiting to get in. Gave up eventually as I was drenched and freezing.

For those who say 'but City said it would be' - they say that every fucking week and you still get in anyway, hence why I went. It's bollocks and totally inconsistent. There was about 25 people at most stood outside who would have clearly stood there harmlessly watching like everyone else. Even twenty five minutes into the game there was still about 10 braving it and hoping for the best who stood there, who were clearly regulars and just avid supporters of youth football. Yet no. Leave us in the rain.

They really dont give a flying fcuk about the fans,we are way past that now.Global brand.
I swear I once read somewhere that it's part of the competition rules that clubs have to have games open to spectators, but i might have imagined it. All I know is that every other club does. It's bollocks and typical of how they treat fans as hindrances for these things. We're fucking billionaires and we can't organise a venue for the 18s so fans can watch. Cheers, nice one.

They really dont give a flying fcuk about the fans.I went to the open day and had a run in with a woman standing at one of the entrances,she was so rude.

I dont enjoy the experience at the Mini Coms anyway as you are treated like kids so not that bothered but for people who support the Youth teams it must be soul destroying.

Last edited:

A detailed email to whoever deals with these things, try and get everyone else affected to write in too. Nothing will change unless you force the issue.

Is there space around any of the outside pitches to coral a small crowd?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.