Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Sane and think we be world class soon.

But its laughable that he never gets criticized and Sterling constantly does. Sane has been good lately but it seems to me some fans have not been watching the games or have overlooked his performances. He has been very wasteful. Vs boro and monaco he did some great things but also wasted many chances and made many wrong decisions. He realistically could of added another 4-5 goals and assists in those two games. This is why Pep says he still needs to improve a lot. That saying I think he will become more consistent and will be one of the best players in the world. IMO he will be better than Bale.

But its laughable that he never gets criticized and Sterling constantly does. Sane has been good lately but it seems to me some fans have not been watching the games or have overlooked his performances. He has been very wasteful. Vs boro and monaco he did some great things but also wasted many chances and made many wrong decisions. He realistically could of added another 4-5 goals and assists in those two games. This is why Pep says he still needs to improve a lot. That saying I think he will become more consistent and will be one of the best players in the world. IMO he will be better than Bale.

are you on a high???? maybe you need to start to read this thread from the beginning....

are you on a high???? maybe you need to start to read this thread from the beginning....

I meant recently. Not 6 months ago...

Since the Arsenal game, there has been nothing but praise for him. He has been good but also very wasteful.

I honestly don't know where this view comes from. Some players divide opinion more than others and in some cases on a forum, that leads some to be very precious about certain players. Sterling is now arguably the most defended player on here, as soon as anyone doesn't toe the line, that person is quickly rounded upon. You can come on here and question Yaya, you can even come on and question Silva but what you must not do under any circumstance is question Sterling, that is a big no on here. Critique Sterling and it's "you're talking shit, look at his stats, he has 20 assists which is comparable with anyone in Europe and he's gonna be world class". Aguero has over 20 goals AGAIN this season, and yet we can all have a grown up discussion about him not being the same player he was. Ozil got loads of assists last season, I am sure we all thought he was sensational and he did not in any way divide opinion. I saw today that Walcott has 17 goals this season, anyone think he's world class?

As for Sane, some of his decision making is questionable but he just has something and I don't need stats to tell me that. If we are to compare him and Sterling, I see Sane on a massive upwards trajectory over the next few years to an absolute elite level, I genuinely believe we have the next Bale and he will be talked about as one of the best players in the world. I simply don't feel the same about Sterling, that doesn't mean I think Sterling isn't a good player, I do, I just don't think he is or will be world class.

I honestly don't know where this view comes from. Some players divide opinion more than others and in some cases on a forum, that leads some to be very precious about certain players. Sterling is now arguably the most defended player on here, as soon as anyone doesn't toe the line, that person is quickly rounded upon. You can come on here and question Yaya, you can even come on and question Silva but what you must not do under any circumstance is question Sterling, that is a big no on here. Critique Sterling and it's "you're talking shit, look at his stats, he has 20 assists which is comparable with anyone in Europe and he's gonna be world class". Aguero has over 20 goals AGAIN this season, and yet we can all have a grown up discussion about him not being the same player he was. Ozil got loads of assists last season, I am sure we all thought he was sensational and he did not in any way divide opinion. I saw today that Walcott has 17 goals this season, anyone think he's world class?

As for Sane, some of his decision making is questionable but he just has something and I don't need stats to tell me that. If we are to compare him and Sterling, I see Sane on a massive upwards trajectory over the next few years to an absolute elite level, I genuinely believe we have the next Bale and he will be talked about as one of the best players in the world. I simply don't feel the same about Sterling, that doesn't mean I think Sterling isn't a good player, I do, I just don't think he is or will be world class.
Perfect summary.

Agree with all of that.

That is a fair summary and though I don't agree with the assertion that sterling can't/won't be world class I can understand your point. Its just a lot tend to be more protective over sterling because for the past 2 and half years since he decided to leave liverpool, he's been on the back of criticism from all sides of the media, press and has constantly been undermined since his move here. He had an underwhelming start to his city career under huge pressure and after being almost single-handedly blamed and made scapegoat for England's performance in the Euros even though he won a pen and there were worse performances, it took a lot for him to come back. So when it still feels like he is undermined even after the season he's having and his flaws tends to be highlighted more than sane for instance who is only a year younger, you can understand why some feel the need to defend him.

Just to add to your comparison of the two, I also feel Sane will potential be an elite player and top 5 in his position in the world as he seems to have everything to his game. He can become a consistent 30+ goals a season player, that's how high I rate him. But I also feel sterling though not reaching that level can be a top 15-10 player in his position even with his technical deficiency in his finishing as I feel currently and potentially he's tactically more aware and has better decision making in the final third than sane. He's a player who could get you 15+ goals and 25+ assists consistently from his position when he reaches his full potential as I belive he will become an assist machine at his peak. Any team in the world would dream to have players performing at that level in their positions and with these two you are going to get that and that's not to add jesus whom I believe will be even better than both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.