Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of how good Kante is, and how much we need to take the pressure off our defence. I just think we need someone who can break up opposition attacks, disturb their rhythm and win us the ball back.
I understand why you think it may be a good idea, but don't see why you think Pep would be looking for a destroyer type when it's not something he does, any more than he would look at a Costa type centre forwrd or Terry type centre back . From what I have seen and read hes far more likely to bring in a ball playing intelligent midfielder for that position.

Yaya will probably be gone, dont why you say midfield destroyer, when has Pep ever used one of them, he'll want an intelligent deep playmaker in the pivot.
I don't know if you implied this, but Isco is not a deep playermaker, and couldn't be reformed to be one. With Manu Garcia, Zinchenko, Diaz, Foden in the pipeline this is a buy we don't need. Spending money on fullbacks or defensive midfielders (like Fabinho) makes far more sense.

I understand why you think it may be a good idea, but don't see why you think Pep would be looking for a destroyer type when it's not something he does, any more than he would look at a Costa type centre forwrd or Terry type centre back . From what I have seen and read hes far more likely to bring in a ball playing intelligent midfielder for that position.

I guess it's just what I'd like to see because every time an opponent has the ball in our half it looks like we could concede. Maybe Pep will look at how Kante and Dembele have transformed Chelsea and Spurs and think maybe that's what is needed in England, more than Germany or Spain where it's probably easier for a top side to hold a lead once in front. Here, no team ever gives up (unless they're bending over for the rags or Chelsea it seems!) so we have to be able to break up attacks constantly during a game. Just my opinion though, I'd feel more relaxed watching games if we could get the ball back more in our half when we lose it.

I don't know if you implied this, but Isco is not a deep playermaker, and couldn't be reformed to be one. With Manu Garcia, Zinchenko, Diaz, Foden in the pipeline this is a buy we don't need. Spending money on fullbacks or defensive midfielders (like Fabinho) makes far more sense.
No I agree I just got into a conversation about what kind of deep lying midfeilder we would be looking for. Im not sure we need Isco either but like Sanchez I would like to be able to convince myself we do. Agree. We need full backs centre back keeper and pivot first. Probably wrong thread really.

We don't need him.
Already got Silva, KDB, Sané, Sterling, Gundogan, Yaya and Jesus.

Better to save as much cash as possible to get the very best full backs, centre back, keeper and midfield destroyer available.
Using your logic, we don't need all that, we have Ota, Stones, Kolarov, Kompany, Adarabioyo, Dihno, Delph, Nando. See? It is easy to rattle off names.

We have KDB and Silva. Their lack of competition is why we keep playing KDB when he is off form right now. If we had Isco we'd have simply gone with the him and iced KDB as a starter for a while.

My vision of our core 20 squad would look like this.

Fwd: Jesus, "Mbappe", Sterling and Sane

Mids: Silva, Kev, Ilkay, Garcia, "Isco", Dihno

Def: "Semedo", Maffeo, Stones, Ota, Kolarov, "Bernat," Zichenko.

GK: "Ederson,' Bravo, Gunn

Ederson, Semedo, Bernat, Isco, Mbappe.

That will be my 5.

We currently have 3 destroyer type CMs Delph, Dihno and Nando. We don't necessarily need these type of player.

We will keep Dihno, the other 2 are not necessary. Isco can be retread as the type of DM Modric currently is. But different views I guess.

We do in fact need a replacement for Silva. Buying Isco will have no impact whatsoever on our plans for our defense.

From an attacking point of view the two "false 8's" as they are now getting branded, are the most important roles in our team from an attacking sense.

I thing Pep will want along with Silva and De Bruyne two quality back-ups which we do have one in Gundogan, Isco could and probably will be very likely be the second back-up.

It's up to the four of them then to compete with each other for a starting position.

I guess it's just what I'd like to see because every time an opponent has the ball in our half it looks like we could concede. Maybe Pep will look at how Kante and Dembele have transformed Chelsea and Spurs and think maybe that's what is needed in England, more than Germany or Spain where it's probably easier for a top side to hold a lead once in front. Here, no team ever gives up (unless they're bending over for the rags or Chelsea it seems!) so we have to be able to break up attacks constantly during a game. Just my opinion though, I'd feel more relaxed watching games if we could get the ball back more in our half when we lose it.

Do you actually watch City or any other team Pep has managed

Agree, Pep wont go out and by a so called destroyer, he wants the whole team to have a pack mentallity in pressing and winning the ball back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.