Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as your broken record routine has been annoying, I have to admit Ferny was a beast today; credit to you for spotting it as a good idea!
Well this might be a good time to run my next crazy idea by you.... Think Zichenko will be a revelation at LB. :-)

Just needs a run of games at Rb, learn the nuances of the position.
I am very confident he can hit a high level as an inverted Rb.
However we still need him at mid from time to time.
Would really like to see Garcia get some more game time so fern can focus on this position.

What happened to the Delph idea? Have you abandoned that one?
Delph is a better stop gap than either Clichy or Kolarov. He is not as good as Dihno though. But give him a few games and you'd see no difference btw him and Danny Rose.

Its funny Danny Rose is coveted by lots of City fans now even though he too is a converted fullback. Like Alaba, like Marcelo, like Alba, like Kimmich, like Valencia, like Heinrich, like Perreira, like Bernat, like Gaya, like Juan Fran, like Zaba, like Milner

The pattern here is obvious, an unusually large number of players playing other positions turned out great fullbacks. So the key is not whether they were labelled Fulback coming up but rather whether they exhibited characteristics that projected well at fullback.

Delph plays like a positionless Danny Rose. :-) Hence why I pegged him as a decent shout for the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.