Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can solve that area, imo, it will be the diffrrence between him getting the odd cup game, like Aleix Garcia etc & becoming a genuine option.

Either situataion is better than what we have become used to, but it would be fantastic to get a young player appearing regularly.

Having said that do you think Sterling's final pass /finishing ability is really any better than Diaz? Yes I know they are playing at a different level but I think the answer is no.The reality is that Sterling has excellent pace and makes great runs and as a result he causes all sorts of problems for defences.If his final ball,pass/shot was great he would be a superstar but as Pep has said he makes too many simple mistakes ( first touch often but certainly finishing).

I think Diaz will step up next season.

Will be at Girona next season I reckon.

Girona look set to be a La Liga outfit next season.

Will be at Girona next season I reckon.

Girona look set to be a La Liga outfit next season.
No way, idiotic by City to do this. You don't take the jewel of your academy and loan him out, our academy would be a joke.
Paolo Fernandes is the perfect candidate to go to Girona, looking very good, but he's more of a winger, and should emulate what Roberts did on loan.

No way, idiotic by City to do this. You don't take the jewel of your academy and loan him out, our academy would be a joke.
Paolo Fernandes is the perfect candidate to go to Girona, looking very good, but he's more of a winger, and should emulate what Roberts did on loan.

He can be playing week in week out in La Liga next season wheras he will struggle to get 10 games for us with most of them coming in the cups.

If we get Isco which looks a possibility I don't see him getting in over Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Isco.

Perfectly put. If Brahim or Sancho would go on loan next season then that'll be madness. Players like Kongolo or Paolo Fernandes indeed strike me down as typical loanee baits, who should eventually leave (possibly with a buy-back clause sort of thing).

Perfectly put. If Brahim or Sancho would go on loan next season then that'll be madness. Players like Kongolo or Paolo Fernandes indeed strike me down as typical loanee baits, who should eventually leave (possibly with a buy-back clause sort of thing).
I think your one of the only people who have replied positively to my posts lol. I'm actually a little shocked how averse some of these people on this forum are to us trying our BEST academy players in the team in one of the BEST academies in the country.

He can be playing week in week out in La Liga next season wheras he will struggle to get 10 games for us with most of them coming in the cups.

If we get Isco which looks a possibility I don't see him getting in over Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Isco.
Well if we get Isco then nobody has a chance, this is my point. If we don't then maybe Diaz gets 10 games next season, and let me tell you, that would be FANTASTIC. The kid is 18, would spend the whole year with Pep (instead of somewhere else) and will get 10 games. This is not a bad thing! The year after that he will be 19 (Silva be like 33) and Diaz will be getting even more games. By the time he is 20 he is a starter and we retire Silva and he passes the torch, doesn't this sound like a good story :)

I think your one of the only people who have replied positively to my posts lol. I'm actually a little shocked how averse some of these people on this forum are to us trying our BEST academy players in the team in one of the BEST academies in the country.
It just doesn't make sense to me and I'm sure we are not the only ones, your support will come soon enough. :) And I'm almost sure that this is how the hierarchy (incl. Pep of course) sees it.

Brahim will be 18 in August, even if he played another whole season for the U23 with the additional cup games (Youth CL and FA), but trained a lot more with the first team, then that could be a more fruitful season for him than playing for a Liga side, in my opinion. The fact that he'd be closely followed by the coaching staff is underrated sometimes on here and no one should forget that Pep (like Conte for example) is even more obsessed with training than most of the managers (as their methods in the positional play are harder to learn than 'other' stuff, and can only be achieved via training).

Not to mention how many of our loans are fucked up by design; it's just a way it is and yeah, as you suggest, it would be such a risk doing that to our most talented youngsters.

It just doesn't make sense to me and I'm sure we are not the only ones, your support will come soon enough. :) And I'm almost sure that this is how the hierarchy (incl. Pep of course) sees it.

Brahim will be 18 in August, even if he played another whole season for the U23 with the additional cup games (Youth CL and FA), but trained a lot more with the first team, then that could be a more fruitful season for him than playing for a Liga side, in my opinion. The fact that he'd be closely followed by the coaching staff is underrated sometimes on here and no one should forget that Pep (like Conte for example) is even more obsessed with training than most of the managers (as their methods in the positional play are harder to learn than 'other' stuff, and can only be achieved via training).

Not to mention how many of our loans are fucked up by design; it's just a way it is and yeah, as you suggest, it would be such a risk doing that to our most talented youngsters.
Yeah I think people put so much emphasis on loans. I mean I don't blame them because on the surface it seems like an amazing idea: Send them out to play "Men's" football and they'll come back a better player for it. There are so many loans that go wrong because the player doesn't fit the the manager's play style, club's philosophy, out in a new country by himself etc.

Mind you, I think that's fine with some of the talents who we don't think are exceptional because of the calibre of the club, but if we are doing this to our absolute best talents then might as well stop the academy and just buy all our players. I don't like Tottenham or Everton, but I have to admit, their policy on giving youth a chance is something to look up to, and not look down on because they haven't won a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.