Manchester Marathon

Tony Farah finished in 4 hours 36 , a great time

Not sure he's fully recovered from the run and the beers after. Speedy recovery bud.

Round of applause everyone

Tony Farah finished in 4 hours 36 , a great time

Not sure he's fully recovered from the run and the beers after. Speedy recovery bud.

Round of applause everyone
tumblr_n3n5p6ePBB1rsxqqio1_500.gif

Well done
Ran it myself,first ever marathon,Ive been training for 4 months.Was still brutal

4;05 minutes. Might have to do it again now to get sub 4 !
Ran past a lad in a City away top not sure if someone from this site

Well done
Ran it myself,first ever marathon,Ive been training for 4 months.Was still brutal

Nice one.

Sub 4 hours is a good goal. Fewer than 25% of all marathon runners will ever break the 4 hour barrier.

I worked with a guy who's best time was 2:26:37. He was putting in upwards of 100 miles a week in training.

Well done

Well done and impressive time for a first marathon. I'm doing my first one Sunday. Nerves are creeping in

Well done Blues. Finishing a marathon is a 'real' life challenge completed. I applaud you.

Yeah well done.
I've only recently taken up running (after years of failed attempts) and have now stuck to it. Formularised a semi prescriptive training plan and round up each week with a 5k park run (new PB at the weekend of 21:40). Takes its toll a little though: currently out this week with a groin strain and I've had lower back/sciatica issues for years (ironically made a fair bit better through running). I also eat too little and got ill through my body running out of energy...but running means I can eat more, so win win.
Pains aside, I can't emphasise out much phyiscally AND mentally I feel through running. Next step is a 10k race, then potentially a half marathon (maybe a triathlon too) but a full marathon seems way, way off for me. Is there a running thread on here?
Well done to those who took part.

Somapop, once you've done a half marathon, a full marathon is easily achievable. Just take maybe 6 weeks to get yourself up to about 18 miles in training, then you're ready to go.

Well done

I did 29.5 miles t'other day - Littleborough, Tod, Cliviger, turn right at the lights, up the hill to Weir and down into Bacup. Take the left turn to Sharneyford, up the hill and down into Gauxholme, and then back home. And I still had a bit of juice left in the battery. There's nowt like an electric bike when a marathon comes calling!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.