Ian Carlo Poveda

Agree.

It's the same with Sterling. Many see him as small and a little feeble but for his size he is built.

I wouldn't advocate City to start turning our young lads into physical beasts, but I do think a little extra gym work is needed if they want the likes of Diaz and co to be playing men's football as soon as they are technically ready.

Chelsea for me have got the blend right for me, it's just a shame some of those lads of their don't get a chance because if they were at most other Premier League academies they would be playing first team football now.

Lotus-Cheek should have had nearly 100 caps by now for example.
Chelsea appear to have gone out and got physically big specimens who also happen to be quite technically proficient (or good coaching did the latter part).

Loftus-Cheek is 21 years old and 6' 3", Diaz and Foden aren't ever going to be anywhere close to his size and weight.

Think the football we advocate requires intelligence and speed, both of the body and mind. If they have those attributes, then it can partly compensate a lack of height and physique.

This. Those attributes are adaptable across most major teams nowadays too.

Look at Pedro this season.

Chelsea appear to have gone out and got physically big specimens who also happen to be quite technically proficient (or good coaching did the latter part).

Loftus-Cheek is 21 years old and 6' 3", Diaz and Foden aren't ever going to be anywhere close to his size and weight.
This worries me but hopefully playing well above their age group will help them. If they win the Cup it might finally begin the process of our Academy players graduating to the first team.

He will naturally develop anyway, he doesn't necessarily need to hit the weights and become this little stocky beast, Iniesta hasn't and neither did Xavi. As far as I am concerned if you have a good football brain, you are half way there.

Natural development is really what it's all about and alongside that he will do plenty of strength conditioning/gym work. As TS says he is just small at the moment and will develop with age but he is a gifted footballer

Natural development is really what it's all about and alongside that he will do plenty of strength conditioning/gym work. As TS says he is just small at the moment and will develop with age but he is a gifted footballer
In terms of size,how does ICP compare to the growth hormone assisted Messi at a similar age?

I was surprised to see him not called up to the U17 England team the other week considering he has played with that group of players in the U16 team.

England cannot afford to lose out on such a talented player to Colombia.

I was surprised to see him not called up to the U17 England team the other week considering he has played with that group of players in the U16 team.

England cannot afford to lose out on such a talented player to Colombia.

It's most likely cos he's not been a regular this year for City. He's behind Sancho in his favoured position. No shame in that of course.

It's most likely cos he's not been a regular this year for City. He's behind Sancho in his favoured position. No shame in that of course.

Understandable.

I just hope England don't lose him because we don't tend to produce great number ten's in this country.

Scholes was the last great number ten we had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.