City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

I'd like to think that's true, but it's risky. Nothing is worse than playing in a stadium designed for 50 odd thousand people with only 5000 there and vast windy spaces around them. Just ask Monaco what it's like.

Overall, I thought the standout players for City were Foden, Ed Francis, Diallo and Nmecha for his clinical finishing.

I have seen pretty much every youth cup round apart from the Reading game and I thought as a whole, we played nowhere near as good as what I have seen us play, maybe that is due to already being 6 up from the first leg. Obviously missing Sancho, Latibeaudere, Tyreke Wilson and Dehaney so it was a makeshift backline with 2 midfielders playing at full back. Matt Smith has been excellent all season and I thought he didn't have his best game yesterday, Dele Bashiru can be too over elaborate and Davenport obviously still suffering from being out with injury most of the season and playing out of position when called upon. Luke Bolton is a funny one, he looks dangerous in parts but then wasteful half of the time. His work rate and endeavour is a key component of his game and he does provide good width for us although nowhere near as technical as some of the other players we have.

On the whole, Sancho has been my standout player from most of the rounds, fantastic against Southampton, fantastic against Liverpool and brilliant against Villa... he is the one player I am genuinely looking forward to see in the final coming up against Reece Jones of Chelsea. Should be a great battle.

it would be a shame if they didn't. think we could get about 20,000.

We've got nowhere near that the previous years in the final so I don't see why that'd change now sadly. We've never sold out the academy stadium and that's no more than 7k.

Just hope they charge for tickets, stop people getting free tickets they don't use. I thought the semi was supposed to be sold out, but it was far from it, presumably due to no shows

couple of years ago when we played liverpool and chelsea in finals at the Etihad both matches had 20k +, i think the lads deserve that sort of crowd, last 2 seasons at the acadamy, barely 7k and poor atmosphere. Also think the ladies should play their semi final in Etihad regardless of attendance they deserve that opportunity.
Hopefully i'll get to both games

couple of years ago when we played liverpool and chelsea in finals at the Etihad both matches had 20k +, i think the lads deserve that sort of crowd, last 2 seasons at the acadamy, barely 7k and poor atmosphere. Also think the ladies should play their semi final in Etihad regardless of attendance they deserve that opportunity.
Hopefully i'll get to both games

Was a lot longer than a couple of years ago. We're talking nearly ten I think. Our newer generation of fans, and some of the older ones, don't seem to give a shit anymore sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.