Dele Alli

plays deeper than g jesus and mbappe and has scored more than both of them. g jesus is a brilliant talent though, if he hadn't got injured he might stand a chance vs alli

That's not even true. Mbappé and Alli have scored the same number of goals this season (19) and personally, seeing as Alli is playing as a second striker, and Mbappé has spent a lot of time out wide this season, the "plays deeper" comment is pretty irrelevant. Not to mention he's played 15 more games and is 3 years older.

As for the Gabriel Jesus comment....what's the point? He's played 3 games since december. Might as well point out he's scored more goals than Pelé this season.

Non starter as he will not leave London and Spurs wouldn't sell to us anyhow. He will be off to Spain if he leaves at all. That said what we wouldn't give for a 15 -18 goal a season midfielder rather than the plethora of 6-8 goal guys we have now - maybe a fit Gundogan can address that?

Lets go gong ho for this player... world record fee... he will be worth it.
No chance. The only reason he is so good for Spurs this season is that he is in a fairly settled team. Move him to away from London and it would be a different story. Precocious talent right enough, but the weight of expectation would be too much for him. He only has to have a couple of poor games, and his confidence would be shot, and I think he'd struggle to recover. Then would follow an outpouring of (more) hate from the press slagging us off for ruining him.

He's an incredible talent considering he's just turning 21. His statistics are incredible. He's a natural born winner and you can see that in his ill discipline at times that comes from being frustrated his side isn't winning.

Like others, I struggle to see how he fits in our side. He's more physical and dynamic than De Bruyne and Silva, and scores more than them (though I expect De Bruyne to improve on that side of things, he's just had an off year). If he were to sign then he has to play in a no.10 role. He can't play deeper because he's so much better playing in the opposition's half. You then have to sacrifice De Bruyne or Silva, unless you shift De Bruyne wide.

I'm sure we'll be interested in him, but his fee will be huge (though likely only to rise). When you look at some of our academy talents, whilst you can't guarantee they'll be as good, or anywhere near, do we purchase players in other positions and allow De Bruyne and Silva to continue to flourish until the likes of Diaz/Foden come through?

Looking at the bigger picture, it shows that young players can do it, even if raw at first. They just need game time. His rise has been unbelievable, but it's because he's had faith from his manager to go and play his game. He's not been too protected. Have we got talents like that already in our academy, that just need the same treatment?

That's not even true. Mbappé and Alli have scored the same number of goals this season (19) and personally, seeing as Alli is playing as a second striker, and Mbappé has spent a lot of time out wide this season, the "plays deeper" comment is pretty irrelevant. Not to mention he's played 15 more games and is 3 years older.

As for the Gabriel Jesus comment....what's the point? He's played 3 games since december. Might as well point out he's scored more goals than Pelé this season.
was talking about league goals.

as for g jesus comment, poster mentioned he was an example of someone better than dele alli who is u21. i was simply saying you can't compare the two, ones been injured for months and as you say, played only a few games

You've just suggested binning both David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne to find room for Alli.

......Really?
oh please do try and engage some brain. i respect and enjoy your opinion on this site most the time but you're creating a trivial argument here.
i meant to play a number 8 with a number 10. with one further forward than the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.