Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Messi is the best player ever - if City signed him then it does not show pep as a manager who can create a team. If we won it all the media would just say it was due to messi signing not Peps ability.

I'm just not sure that what pep wants as his legacy, but the owners may say an opportunity to sign the hime is to good to turn down for the clubs profile etc.

Nah, they need a right back and a new coach. Maybe just the new coach, Vidal looked class at Sevilla.
Yeah but building a team again even Barca who like the rags players will play for free need some money to get the players in.

I just think he's off this summer, i rather it wasn't us as i think it'd move the club in the wrong direction.

Yeah but building a team again even Barca who like the rags players will play for free need some money to get the players in.

I just think he's off this summer, i rather it wasn't us as i think it'd move the club in the wrong direction.
They don't need to bring first team quality players in though, their first xi and squad are strong enough, although they'll need to replace Iniesta soon. Their problem is more on the wage bill front.

They don't need to bring first team quality players in though, their first xi and squad are strong enough, although they'll need to replace Iniesta soon. Their problem is more on the wage bill front.
The wages are obviously very high but on that performance last night if that was us I'd want some proper new blood in the side, that being said a new manager could perhaps get them performing.

The wages are obviously very high but on that performance last night if that was us I'd want some proper new blood in the side, that being said a new manager could perhaps get them performing.
I just think they're unmotivated and badly coached. Look at the team selection last night - Mathieu was selected on the left side of defence over Alba. He was torn to shreds defensively by Cuadrado, was lucky not to be sent off and contributed nothing going forward and eventually got hooked. Same on the right side, Roberto, a centre mid having a shit season at right back and being targeted by everyone, got a hiding off Mandzukic. He's been preferred to Aleix Vidal. Barca rely on their full backs to contribute width, they had none last night and it made Juve's job easy as they crowded the central channels out and ignored the wide areas. These are all coaching problems not personnel ones. On top of that Enrique has reportedly alienated Rakitic, the key player in their midfield.

I just think they're unmotivated and badly coached. Look at the team selection last night - Mathieu was selected on the left side of defence over Alba. He was torn to shreds defensively by Cuadrado, was lucky not to be sent off and contributed nothing going forward and eventually got hooked. Same on the right side, Roberto, a centre mid having a shit season at right back and being targeted by everyone, got a hiding off Mandzukic. He's been preferred to Aleix Vidal. Barca rely on their full backs to contribute width, they had none last night and it made Juve's job easy as they crowded the central channels out and ignored the wide areas. These are all coaching problems not personnel ones. On top of that Enrique has reportedly alienated Rakitic, the key player in their midfield.
Yup, they got praised a couple of years ago when they started hitting it long to the front 3, but they've lost what made them different to other teams by doing it. Now they don't look like a coherent team at all, just 3 world class strikers trying to bail out a tactically inept team. It's all a bit Real Madrid like now, yeah you might win some things like tht, but the consistency has completely gone. Get a proper Barca man back in charge, playing the Barca way with a few minor signings and they'd turn things around pretty sharpish imo

Their issues run deeper than just Enrique. They have financial worries, an unbalanced squad which needs some surgery, and a president who's basically hated by the club's best player. Not sure that just changing coach, especially with the names in the frame, is going to suddenly turn it all around.

Their issues run deeper than just Enrique. They have financial worries, an unbalanced squad which needs some surgery, and a president who's basically hated by the club's best player. Not sure that just changing coach, especially with the names in the frame, is going to suddenly turn it all around.
The squad isn't unbalanced, Enrique's selections are. In a squad with 3 available full backs and 2 available defensive mids last night he elected to play Rakitic as a holding mid and select Mathieu and Roberto in the full back positions. Agree the top brass are idiots but Robert Fernandez took the right steps last summer to reinforce the squad and Enrique has made next to no effort to use the players he's brought in, guaranteeing stagnation. His entire MO is pick 7 random outfield players behind MSN, get it to the front three as quickly as possible and pray. It ignores the strengths of the rest of the squad and makes them too narrow and predictable.

Honestly, if they bring in the Bilbao coach or Allegri in the summer, even if they don't make a single signing, they'll be my favourites for the CL last year.

Valverde was being named as one of the potential successors's to Enrique along with Sampaoli who I beileve is Argentina NT bound. That might open our way to get Laporte I reckon, plus we can always try for Messi every window ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.