Gianluigi Donnarumma

Watch this lad near every week.

Couldn't play Pep's system as it currently stands.

Who out there could?

Who is a great shot stopper as well as great with his feet?

Even Neuer has complete and utter mind farts due to the way he plays and maybe we just have to accept that under Pep, the old fashioned solid keeper is a bit of a thing of the past.

Can we sign him and loan him back to Milan for a season or two until Bravo leaves? Ensures we don't miss out fir the future

Can we sign him and loan him back to Milan for a season or two until Bravo leaves? Ensures we don't miss out fir the future
How would that work? We need a keeper this summer and this lad won't come back here to rotate or be second choice.

I'm sure he's great, but it seems a bit crazy to spend so much money one someone his age.

I'm sure he's great, but it seems a bit crazy to spend so much money one someone his age.
I think it's the opposite. He's arguably matching the very best goalkeepers in the world for performances already and he's got a minimum of 15 years left in his career. If you were to fork out €70m on him and he played until the age Buffon is now, you'd be looking at a spend of €3.3m per year for one of the most important positions on the pitch.

He's too young to come in and be #1 and take on all the pressure that would come with being at a club like ours. He could be the best in the world someday, but I think that particular position is unique when it comes to handling them at a young age.

we have a talented young england keeper called angus gunn. rather then spending maybe 40m on this guy, why not just give our own youth a chance for once.

Who out there could?

Who is a great shot stopper as well as great with his feet?

Even Neuer has complete and utter mind farts due to the way he plays and maybe we just have to accept that under Pep, the old fashioned solid keeper is a bit of a thing of the past.
Every keeper has brain farts every now and then . Both the traditional ones and the new age ones. And the type of keepers they are actually has no correlation to how error prone they are.

There are many very good shot stoppers who are also good with their feet. It just so happens that when they come to England, the English pundits will talk about the feet part to death, and do their best to associate any error to being good with his feet. When often their is no correlation.

He's too young to come in and be #1 and take on all the pressure that would come with being at a club like ours. He could be the best in the world someday, but I think that particular position is unique when it comes to handling them at a young age.
He's at AC Milan already mate, they might be going through a rough patch but he wouldn't be under any more pressure here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.