South American talent

As a Brazilian I follow the Brazilian League closely and I can say the rising player here.

That's how I rate the prospects considering Gabriel Jesus as 10/10 prospect:

Palmeiras

> Yerry Mina (22 yo), centre back 10/10, first team of Colombia squad.
> Miguel Borja (24 yo), striker 8/10, in Colombia he is ahead of Bacca and being Falcão's sub. His finish has a worldclass power.
> Tchê Tchê (24 yo), midfielder 6/10, he is a box to box but can play everywhere even as a fullback. Very talented but is too skinny and weak.
> Vitinho and Alanzinho. They are too young and I can't say precisely about them.

São Paulo

> Christian Cueva (25 yo), attacking midfielder 8/10, number 10 and the best player of Peru's NT. He tried to play in Spain once when he was younger and failed but he has improved now. His playstyle remembers Isco.
> Rodrigo Caio (23 yo), centre back or defensive midfielder 7/10, he was de CB of Olympic squad of Brazil 2016. Valencia tried to sign him but he failed the medical exams.
> João Schimidt (DM), Luiz Araújo (ST), and Lucas Fernandes (AM). I didn't say enough from them. They are young and look like good prospects.

Santos

> Zeca (22 yo), left and right back 6/10. He is right footed but is playing as left back but can also play as right back. He took Emerson Palmieri (AS Roma) place when both played in Santos.
> Thiago Maia (20 yo), central midfielder 7/10. He is being very good for Santos, good defensively and creating chances.
> Lucas Lima (26 yo) and Vitor Bueno (22yo) both attacking midfielder 6/10. I think both are a bit overhyped in Brazil, Lucas Lima is called up for the NT some times.

Corinthians

> Fagner (27 yo), right back 7/10. Tite call him up ahead of Mariano. I don't think Fagner is better than Mariano but he did the job well in the last Brazil match when Dani Alves wasn't able to play.

Rio de Janeiro state:

Flamengo

> Felipe Vizeu (20 yo), striker 6/10. He hasn't getting playing time for Flamengo but I like him so much. I think he can do well in a middle club in Europe and improve a lot.
> Miguel Trauco (24 yo), left back 8/10. He is amazing attacking but bad defending. He was the best player in Peruvian League last year even playing as fullback. If he can't fix his defending skills along this season I would drop his rate to 7/10.
> Vinicius Jr. and Lucas Paquetá. They are too young yet to say anything serious.

Fluminense

There's a lot of young talents playing for this team. I would say the best are:
> Richarlison (19 yo), striker 7/10.
> Jefferson Orejuela (24 yo) and Junior Sornoza (23 yo). Both are midfielders from Ecuador. They are being so class for Fluminense I would say they are being 8/10.

Botafogo

I can't really say there is a good prospect playing for them. Maybe Victor Luis (23 yo) who is a left back great defensively but not that great offensively.

Vasco da Gama:

The supporters like Douglas Luiz (midfielder,18 yo) and Thalles (striker, 21 yo). But I have never seen they playing.

Minas Gerais state:

Atlético Mineiro

> Juan Cazares (25 yo), midfielder 7/10. He is very very talented but he is a problematic guy. I don't think he will do great in Europe with his behavior.
> Rómulo Otero (midfielder, 24 yo) and Gabriel (centre back, 22 yo). I haven't seen enough from them but the Atlético's fans like them so much.

Cruzeiro

> Giorgian De Arrascaeta (22 yo), attacking midfielder 7/10. He is often called up for Uruguay National Team. He is talented and I think he will succeed in Europe someday.

Rio Grande do Sul state:

Grêmio

> Luan (24 yo), forward 7/10. He plays more like a second striker, good pass and mobility. I think he got his peak and won't improve more. He could play in a middle club in Europe but I don't think he would fit well in a bigger club.

Internacional

> Valdívia (attacking midfielder, 22 yo), William (right back, 22 yo), and Brenner (striker, 23 yo). They are doing well for Internacional but I don't think they would do well in Europe but no one in Brazil would think that Casemiro would fit in a great European club then he turns into a monster like he is today.

Those were the prospects of the 12 big clubs in Brazil. But the middle clubs have some good prospects as well, like Willian Pottker (striker, Ponte Preta), Juninho (centre back, Coritiba)...

I disagree with some points:
1 - i think you're too generous with the spaniards and too harsh with some Brazilian prospects here...i know when we talk about Brazilian players some europeans will say we're biased; but in the end the pitch will talk and the truth its the truth..

2 - Willian(RB) was out for months due to some "problems" with his contract and only now he's backing in form, but when fit he would walk at any Brazilian side and in 90% of the biggest european sides.
If Willian was trainning week in week out in Manchester City, dont you think he would be a starter?? WHO is better RB than him IN THE CITY OF MANCHESTER????

3 - man, Thiago Maia is top player...watch that goal in their debut in the Libertadores last month..look that left...

4 - Richarlison(Fluminense) can play in the 3 positions up front, scores half his goals with the left and half with the right, skillful and can defend.
Lets say that he keeps his current form, dont you prefer to see him over FIRMINO in the nt?

5- LUAN...i dont think he's in his peak.
He's a bit slow but has a colossal football IQ.
I know what i saw: he cant finish as good as Neymar, but still he was better than Neymar and Gabriel Jesus in the olimpics...his problem is that he plays in the South of the country and they dont have international media and marketing...you need to be Ronaldinho to call international attention there...if he was playing in the same level in some club of Sao Paulo or Rio you would see the international sites talking about him every week like they did with Gabriel...watch his two golazos yesterday in the Libertadores.
Again: Luan or Firmino as false 9???? Who has better first touch? Who can pass the ball better? They have the same level of finishing, but Luan is more a 10; he's only playing central because Gremio dont had a top 9.
After the olimpics when he was not named to the nt he looked depressed for months, but apparently is back on fire now.
He's the 10 of my nt.

6- VINICIUS JUNIOR...i dont know if he will be a bellow-average player in the future, i dont know the future; but if you watch Neymar with 16, in the same tournaments, you need to say that Vinicius is better than that 16 years old Neymar..and he scores more.
In fact i think he will be a 9 soon like Gabriel.

Now a biased comment: DON ALAN INIESTA will be the next 10 of Man City in the future.

As a passionate follower of the Paraguayan U-16 league I can't believe City is not in for the Rubio Ñú reserve fullback. Sort it out, Txiki!!!

2 - Willian(RB) was out for months due to some "problems" with his contract and only now he's backing in form, but when fit he would walk at any Brazilian side and in 90% of the biggest european sides.
If Willian was trainning week in week out in Manchester City, dont you think he would be a starter?? WHO is better RB than him IN THE CITY OF MANCHESTER????

3 - man, Thiago Maia is top player...watch that goal in their debut in the Libertadores last month..look that left...

I took the current form to analyse it. Santos are playing poorly and so is Thiago Maia. William isn't playing that good as well. He is being good for Brasileirão level for a 22 years old player but I don't think he will be a GREAT player at European level.

4 - Richarlison(Fluminense) can play in the 3 positions up front, scores half his goals with the left and half with the right, skillful and can defend.
Lets say that he keeps his current form, dont you prefer to see him over FIRMINO in the nt?

5- LUAN...i dont think he's in his peak.
He's a bit slow but has a colossal football IQ.
I know what i saw: he cant finish as good as Neymar, but still he was better than Neymar and Gabriel Jesus in the olimpics...his problem is that he plays in the South of the country and they dont have international media and marketing...you need to be Ronaldinho to call international attention there...if he was playing in the same level in some club of Sao Paulo or Rio you would see the international sites talking about him every week like they did with Gabriel...watch his two golazos yesterday in the Libertadores.
Again: Luan or Firmino as false 9???? Who has better first touch? Who can pass the ball better? They have the same level of finishing, but Luan is more a 10; he's only playing central because Gremio dont had a top 9.
After the olimpics when he was not named to the nt he looked depressed for months, but apparently is back on fire now.
He's the 10 of my nt.

Firmino failed for the National Team but this isn't a fair question. If you ask for any Brazilian if he prefers David Luiz or Miranda playing for the NT most of them will say Miranda but David Luiz is a way better at club level.

Luan was better than Jesus and Gabigol (Neymar was the best in Brazilian squad for sure) in the Olympics but Jesus was 19 years old and Luan 23 years old. Do you think in the next Olympics in 2020 when Jesus will be 23 years old as well he will be at the same level? Luan some times plays that good as he played yesterday against the Deportes Iquique and some times he is a lazy player. He isn't a 10 or a 9, he is a second striker.

Richarlison is a good prospect but do you think he deserves more than a 7/10 if Miguel Borja is 8/10 and Gabriel Jesus 10/10?

6- VINICIUS JUNIOR...i dont know if he will be a bellow-average player in the future, i dont know the future; but if you watch Neymar with 16, in the same tournaments, you need to say that Vinicius is better than that 16 years old Neymar..and he scores more.
In fact i think he will be a 9 soon like Gabriel.

Now a biased comment: DON ALAN INIESTA will be the next 10 of Man City in the future.

Did you watch him playing? He is definitely a left winger. I don't think he scores that much like Neymar did and the game I have watched I didn't see he being too above from Alanzinho, Pedrinho and Lincoln. But he is being classy for sure.

I took the current form to analyse it. Santos are playing poorly and so is Thiago Maia. William isn't playing that good as well. He is being good for Brasileirão level for a 22 years old player but I don't think he will be a GREAT player at European level.

Firmino failed for the National Team but this isn't a fair question. If you ask for any Brazilian if he prefers David Luiz or Miranda playing for the NT most of them will say Miranda but David Luiz is a way better at club level.

Luan was better than Jesus and Gabigol (Neymar was the best in Brazilian squad for sure) in the Olympics but Jesus was 19 years old and Luan 23 years old. Do you think in the next Olympics in 2020 when Jesus will be 23 years old as well he will be at the same level? Luan some times plays that good as he played yesterday against the Deportes Iquique and some times he is a lazy player. He isn't a 10 or a 9, he is a second striker.

Richarlison is a good prospect but do you think he deserves more than a 7/10 if Miguel Borja is 8/10 and Gabriel Jesus 10/10?

Did you watch him playing? He is definitely a left winger. I don't think he scores that much like Neymar did and the game I have watched I didn't see he being too above from Alanzinho, Pedrinho and Lincoln. But he is being classy for sure.

The hype is already too much for Vinicius Jr. mainly by people who only see the same clips recycled. Lincoln is def someone else to watch.

I like Rodrigo Ciao and Yerry Mina. Top players. Barca and PSG are interested
Barca have a deal with Yerry Mina like we have a deal with Rulli even being the team that helped him move to Palmeiras. Barca also extended their first option on him until 2018 after the World Cup. Yerry stated that he wanted to play in Copa Libertadores and the league season with Palmeiras and they were able to work things out for all parties involved. If he keeps professing it's a slim chance he ends up anywhere other than Barca.

I like Rodrigo Ciao and Yerry Mina. Top players. Barca and PSG are interested

Remember seeing Caio in the Toulon Tournament a good few years back now and he absolutely run the show from midfield in that Brazil team.

I think he plays more as a central defender now as we saw during the Olympics but either way he is one to keep an eye on.

Strangely, I think Atletico tried signing him not last summer but the summer before but failed a medical.

Remember seeing Caio in the Toulon Tournament a good few years back now and he absolutely run the show from midfield in that Brazil team.

I think he plays more as a central defender now as we saw during the Olympics but either way he is one to keep an eye on.

Strangely, I think Atletico tried signing him not last summer but the summer before but failed a medical.
It was Sevilla and São Paulo just turned it down. He has since renewed his contract to 2021. He also is now carrying an Italian passport.

If you could sign one player from South American domestic football this summer to join our first team squad, who would it be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.