Is it harder watching City now we are succesful??

pride in battle

Is it just me??
When we were shit it seemed easier to take a defeat, now if we draw it's like the end of the world!!
Watching live isn't as bad but watching us on tv the stress levels go through the roof!! Nearly kicked it in against Arsenal!
Anyone else like this??

It's tons harder. In the early sixties we turned up at Maine Road knowing that a hammering for the home side was always on the cards.m I am at the point where I am beginning to prefer the games at The Academy, 'cos if a shit opposition team turns up, or a not so shit team, I know both male and female teams are gonna give it a real go. At The Etihad I am at the point where I am pretty clueless as to the outcome. I invariably stick 4-0 or 4-1 into the MatchDayApp but it's more wishful thinking than any conviction on my part.

When we lose the big games like Monaco and the two Chelsea game its hard work , especially when we know we could and should have won all three matches , otherwise i have enjoyed this season (apart form Everton Spuds and leicester away games , which were diabolical) , we play sublime football have some of the best talent in europe with a world class manager who is learning with every game . Can't wait for next season because i think we will blow everyone away , and threads like this will be non existent.

It's not City's fault but as a game of football it is a lot less enjoyable watching teams defend deep and try to hang on rather than pre-takeover when teams would often attack us and the game would be more end to end.

I have enjoyed this season a lot though particularly the matches against Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, Monaco, Barca which were at times breathtaking in speed.

I have tried to not sweat the result as much and that has resulted in me enjoying matches more as last season was having an adverse effect which is never healthy.

No.No.No.
If you cannot enjoy watching this team play, and cannot stomach defeat then have a serious look at yourself.
I loved going to City when we were shit but not for the football, now the 2 hours of the match is the highlight of my week.

Is it just me??
When we were shit it seemed easier to take a defeat, now if we draw it's like the end of the world!!
Watching live isn't as bad but watching us on tv the stress levels go through the roof!! Nearly kicked it in against Arsenal!
Anyone else like this??
Football in general is harder to watch. The amount of non-City games I just switch off/over because of the amount of pretending to be injured (I just can't be doing with it one bit) is huge. In decades gone by I watched every match from every league going. This past ten years the injury feigning is just so abundant but so pathetic it's not the same sport anymore.

In terms of City. I'm more critical the higher the price of a ticket goes. My Seasoncard was £200 cheaper five years ago yet we won the league. We haven't even challenged for the title for three years yet all but one year it's gone up in price way over the rate of inflation.

In terms of taking defeats; I've always been the same. Gutted for a few hours then just get over it. I tend to find the people who let it consume them have no life outside of their football team.

Nope, it's hard watching good players play bang average some times, but if they play well, good football and put a shift in I can take a defeat, you can't win em all.

It was more difficult watching us in cannot be arsed mood under sven playing shite for 2 months when we weren't expecting to win aything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.