Motorbikes

Churchlawtonblue

What have you got and liked and what have you had? Dont know if this has been done but not sure how to search a thread topic. So if it has apologies.

Fastest I ever had was a GSXR 1000 K7... £3000 of extras including fat-bars etc. which made her too easy to ride fast... 100MPH in 1st gear so an absolute licence loser

I've had lots of bikes mostly BMWs which are my favourite. Had three different R1100S Boxer Cup Replicas, all three of which were keepers.... but weren't kept :-)

I am down to 2 at present, trying to sell one as I have no garage so one is safe at a fellow Blue's house in his garage locally, the other is under wraps in my garden till my new timber framed man cave is built.. guess which is for sale

One cost the previous owner £12k plus to build

The other cost the owner around £4k to build

Honda 1979 CB650Z but totally transformed

CB650.8_zpscfv2y7si.jpg

BMW 1984 K100 Flying Brick - Scrambler Style

image1_zpsorfubspv.jpg

Last edited:
Currently have a Royal Enfield Classic Chrome.

As far as I can remember from 1967:-

Old 200cc Tiger cub field bike....I was 13....(Farmer in Stalyvegas kindly let me keep it in his barn)

Old Triumph 350cc 3TA field bike....(Paid £12 for that at 14...pushed 8 miles home on the pavement from Manchester centre assisted by two mugs ( err,mates)..
biggrin.gif

1969 Honda CD90Z (Sports)....did 15,000 miles on that in 12 months before the cam chain snapped at 60mph....
hehe.gif

1969 Triumph 650cc Trophy USA export (with upswept pipes)

Sachs trail bike 185cc

Suzuki SP370

Suzuki SP400

Honda CX500 (Euro)....£1200 new

Suzuki GS850 shaft (Went to TT on it in 1986)

Kawasaki 185 trail

Beta Alp 200 trail

Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster

Harley Davidson 1340cc Road King

Kawasaki GPZ900R

Triumph 750 Bonneville UK

Triumph 750 Trophy (Hinckley)

Triumph 900cc Thunderbird Sport

Triumph 955i Daytona

Triumph 900cc Scrambler

Suzuki Bandit 1200cc

Current bike Chrome 500cc Royal Enfield bullet.

Most bikes were new, but some were two or three years old.

Never had a Yamaha....don't know why.....
scratchchin.gif

Now thinking about a new Bonneville T120.

Currently have a Royal Enfield Classic Chrome.

As far as I can remember from 1967:-

Old 200cc Tiger cub field bike....I was 13....(Farmer in Stalyvegas kindly let me keep it in his barn)

Old Triumph 350cc 3TA field bike....(Paid £12 for that at 14...pushed 8 miles home on the pavement from Manchester centre assisted by two mugs ( err,mates)..
biggrin.gif

1969 Honda CD90Z (Sports)....did 15,000 miles on that in 12 months before the cam chain snapped at 60mph....
hehe.gif

1969 Triumph 650cc Trophy USA export (with upswept pipes)

Sachs trail bike 185cc

Suzuki SP370

Suzuki SP400

Honda CX500 (Euro)....£1200 new

Suzuki GS850 shaft (Went to TT on it in 1986)

Kawasaki 185 trail

Beta Alp 200 trail

Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster

Harley Davidson 1340cc Road King

Kawasaki GPZ900R

Triumph 750 Bonneville UK

Triumph 750 Trophy (Hinckley)

Triumph 900cc Thunderbird Sport

Triumph 955i Daytona

Triumph 900cc Scrambler

Suzuki Bandit 1200cc

Current bike Chrome 500cc Royal Enfield bullet.

Most bikes were new, but some were two or three years old.

Never had a Yamaha....don't know why.....
scratchchin.gif

Now thinking about a new Bonneville T120.

Wow... I thought I'd had a lot (circa 15+)

If you could spray enough WD40 on the spark plug cap to get it going in the wet!
Never had any real issues... NGK suppressor cap like the CB650 I have now which was a huge upgrade on the metal clad version on the bike when I bought it... still remember the reg after all these years NNF 150W...

Bought it new from a place in Salford and rode it to a "Star Rider" course then followed my old man in his Maxi back to Stockport.. the worst journey he has ever made he said... an out of control teenager behind him...

Worth good money now

Never had any real issues... NGK suppressor cap like the CB650 I have now which was a huge upgrade on the metal clad version on the bike when I bought it... still remember the reg after all these years NNF 150W...

Bought it new from a place in Salford and rode it to a "Star Rider" course then followed my old man in his Maxi back to Stockport.. the worst journey he has ever made he said... an out of control teenager behind him...

Worth good money now

Got mine brand new on my 16th birthday. (What were my parents thinking!?)
LNB167P. It would do 60 mph.
Petrol was 25p a gallon IIRC.
Ah, memories!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.