Is it harder watching City now we are succesful??

No one fucking shoots. Pass, pass, pass...Like Arsenal 10 years ago. It's dull. Most football is these days. No proper tackles, headed goals are rare, proper wing play(beat a man, pinpoint cross) is a dying art, as is the sliding tackle, players are robots off the pitch and then get slagged off when they do something off message, the game for the people is now a game for the rich.

Worse watching?

Naaaa...It's always been hard to watch City.

losing is hard with or without the money and the good times we had back in the day when we did not have a pot to piss in (we was a community) money can't buy that. for me manchester city it's always about the club and badge and fans yes glory is fantastic and want more and more. but you know what hand on heart i would love just to go back and have one of them away days when we used to have fancy dress a piss up banana everywhere and the fans turned up just for the crack and we was together

we have a lot to thank the old manchester city fans we never give up the fans turned up week after week we was talk of the town and even the team on the field was 2nd to the fans at away games they used to come to see us more than there own team its was special. we had to do something to keep manchester city in the news and the fans did it

this is the song we was CITY and The Plastic Population
in a way the lyric's match the club back then and it bring me back everytime i hear this song

I remember over one xmas period - think it was 2006, not sure, one of the games was a win at Sheffield Utd with an Ireland goal - we went on a three game winning streak in the league (think we lost the fourth to Bolton). That was out of this world back then. Today it's the norm, almost expected.

I do feel a pressure at games more than I used to. Yes it was shit watching through the Pearce days, but it there was no pressure or expectation. I remember travelling up to Boro with mates and having a great time there, but can't remember anything about the game, probably because it didn't matter as much; now going there would have a different feeling because we expect a win and a draw is seen as a bad result.

But as others have said, it's never hard watching David Silva.

I remember over one xmas period - think it was 2006, not sure, one of the games was a win at Sheffield Utd with an Ireland goal - we went on a three game winning streak in the league (think we lost the fourth to Bolton). That was out of this world back then. Today it's the norm, almost expected.

I do feel a pressure at games more than I used to. Yes it was shit watching through the Pearce days, but it there was no pressure or expectation. I remember travelling up to Boro with mates and having a great time there, but can't remember anything about the game, probably because it didn't matter as much; now going there would have a different feeling because we expect a win and a draw is seen as a bad result.

But as others have said, it's never hard watching David Silva.

...............nonetheless so frustrating when David (particulary), and others, miss so many sitters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.