Leicester Fans clash with Spanish Police

I'm guessing the "injuries to police officers" were sprained wrists and toes from headbutts to the baton and boot respectively?
Probably :). Also maybe some of them got injured with the flying bottles, but I have heard that it wasn't anything serious.

The Irish travel in equally large numbers to away games and yet there is never any trouble.... So why?????

I bet you a pound to a penny if any Irish club side travelled to a game in Madrid, some of the fans would get a twatting from the police even if they behaved impeccably. You just don't get it about the Madrid police do you? They even batter the locals when they fucking feel like it so what makes you think the Irish would get a free pass? Funny how you never hear of English fans getting battered by the German police when following their teams over there, even though copious amounts of alcohol get consumed. 6 times I've seen City play in Germany and once in Madrid. Guess which one resulted in loads of our fans getting indiscriminately attacked by the police.

Yes good luck 'singing songs all night long' and 'chatting and taking pictures' with the local plod next time the ROI are in Madrid. The only 'craic' you're likely to get is round the head with a baton.

I've never traveled to watch Ireland away and I find their behavior (trying to out do each other in the goody two shoes stakes like at the euros last year) cringe worthy. I been to see City in Germany and your spot on. However I went to Rome to see City where the cops are as bastardly as in Madrid. And guess what no City fans got battered by the cops. Perhaps because we didn't go around with our bellies hanging out singing 'rule fuckin Britannia' or ' fuck the Pope and the IRA and generally insulting the Italians over everything from Mussolini to their eurovision entries. When I go to Madrid for a game I'll let you know how I get on

I bet you a pound to a penny if any Irish club side travelled to a game in Madrid, some of the fans would get a twatting from the police even if they behaved impeccably. You just don't get it about the Madrid police do you? They even batter the locals when they fucking feel like it so what makes you think the Irish would get a free pass? Funny how you never hear of English fans getting battered by the German police when following their teams over there, even though copious amounts of alcohol get consumed. 6 times I've seen City play in Germany and once in Madrid. Guess which one resulted in loads of our fans getting indiscriminately attacked by the police.

Spot on. Four trips to Germany for me and not a hint of trouble. One trip to Madrid and the police there were utter c**ts. Cowardly fuckers lashing out for no reason

I've never traveled to watch Ireland away and I find their behavior (trying to out do each other in the goody two shoes stakes like at the euros last year) cringe worthy. I been to see City in Germany and your spot on. However I went to Rome to see City where the cops are as bastardly as in Madrid. And guess what no City fans got battered by the cops. Perhaps because we didn't go around with our bellies hanging out singing 'rule fuckin Britannia' or ' fuck the Pope and the IRA and generally insulting the Italians over everything from Mussolini to their eurovision entries. When I go to Madrid for a game I'll let you know how I get on

Best avail yourself of Star Trek 'transporter' technology then so you can beam yourself straight into your seat, cos queuing up to get into the ground is considered an offence worthy of an indiscriminate battering in Madrid

Best avail yourself of Star Trek 'transporter' technology then so you can beam yourself straight into your seat, cos queuing up to get into the ground is considered an offence worthy of an indiscriminate battering in Madrid

Yep, it would have to be straight to his seat because I even got legged up and twatted on the concourse for daring to try to find my way to my seat. I got off lightly compared to others though with no significant injuries but my pride took a real twatting and I was depressed as fuck when I finally did take my seat trying to make sense of it all.

As for the Leicester fans singing about Gibraltar, sure it was a twattish thing to do but for the first leg of the semi at our place last season, a Real fan in Shambles Square was waving a Spanish flag proclaiming Gibraltar belonged to Spain. He didn't get battered by the police and none of the locals got upset about it. In fact, those of us that were there saw the funny side of it and just had a sing-off with him and his mates in the pissing rain instead.

Yep, it would have to be straight to his seat because I even got legged up and twatted on the concourse for daring to try to find my way to my seat. I got off lightly compared to others though with no significant injuries but my pride took a real twatting and I was depressed as fuck when I finally did take my seat trying to make sense of it all.

As for the Leicester fans singing about Gibraltar, sure it was a twattish thing to do but for the first leg of the semi at our place last season, a Real fan in Shambles Square was waving a Spanish flag proclaiming Gibraltar belonged to Spain. He didn't get battered by the police and none of the locals got upset about it. In fact, those of us that were there saw the funny side of it and just had a sing-off with him and his mates in the pissing rain instead.
Sorry to hear that mate. That's just plain thuggery. I was just making a general observation about how if you go looking for trouble in foreign climes it won't be long before it finds you. Let's call it a draw

Sorry to hear that mate. That's just plain thuggery. I was just making a general observation about how if you go looking for trouble in foreign climes it won't be long before it finds you. Let's call it a draw

Cheers. I'm fine though - long since gotten over it and won't ever attend another match in Madrid but I feel for those unsuspecting fans that will, regardless of who they support. To be honest, I didn't realise quite how indiscriminate the Madrid police could be until I witnessed it first hand myself so I can understand those from a distance not getting their heads round it.

Also, I know I've laboured the point but the police do it to the locals as well. A mate of mine worked with a guy from Madrid and it was pretty much a running joke amongst Madrid residents what the police got up to. When the trouble happened at the semi last year, someone on here said about a decade ago Real Madrid fans attending the derby at Atletico got a right twatting off the police - an incident that was so serious it made the national headlines in Spain but despite it being widely publicised it eventually got swept under the carpet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.