John Terry to leave Chelsea at end of season

You are biased, but so am I, and I see your John Terry and raise you a Vincent Kompany.

Not only is Vinny world class, hard as fuck and an inspiring leader, he's an absolute gentleman and captain off the pitch too.

If Kompany wasn’t so injury prone, I think he would have gone on to become one of the best defenders in PL history. As it is, I think, when he eventually calls it a day, he’ll fall in with the group just below the absolute best this league has seen.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank him in PL’s history? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10?

Last edited:
Didnt he do the same thing last year?

It looked like he wasn’t going to be offered a new contract until pretty late in the day last season. He gave an interview in January or February stating he would probably leave at the end of the season, against his wishes, because there was no extension offer on the table. That interview was largely viewed by Chelsea fans as some kind power play to get the fans up in arms. Chelsea fans duly obliged and “Terry , we want you to stay” was sung every game for the remainder of the season. Who knows how much that impacted the club’s thinking, but they eventually gave him a 1 year extension.

How is Bellamy viewed among City fans?

I really don't think he is one to judge Terry as a person.
Mouthy wind up merchant on the pitch but there's nothing wrong with that, brilliant player for us and gave 100% every time he played so I've got a lot of time for him.

If Kompany wasn’t so injury prone, I think he would have gone on to become one of the best defenders in PL history. As it is, I think, when he eventually calls it a day, he’ll fall in with the group just below the absolute best this league has seen.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank him among in PL’s history? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10?
Top 4, can't pick between Kompany, Terry, Bould and Vidic in their prime. Vinny would have been out in front on his own without the injuries.

We'll have to agree to disagree, spent far too much time on his arse sliding in ( in that way British fans love) for me to class him as a top defender.
No disagreement though over him being a c**t and a waste of oxygen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.