Match Thread - City V Chelsea (1st leg FA Youth Cup)

We so many things right and so many things wrong. Chelsea look far better than us or it might be they have beat us that many times they believe and confidant of beating us.

Yeah, much improved second half and deserved the draw. Both teams had lots of chances and it was very even.

I think the physicality and quality of Chelsea was difficult for our players to come up against. It'll help them all improve though if they're to progress to 'men's' football.

It would probably benefit both teams if they played each other more through the season. They're easily the best technically and tactically in England.

Not a vintage performance tonight from the boys I don't think. I don't think Diaz and foden work well together in the middle. Nmecha had an uncharacteristicly wasteful game. Sancho has a long way to come yet.

I think Diaz is on another level to the rest. Bring on next week.

I would like to see Bolton in the starting 11 next week and maybe gonzalez instead of nmecha.

We will need to cut the supply to the front players of Chelsea not done enough of that tonight. Hopefully the defence will be tighter in both halves next week.

Great performance second half to claw themselves back into the tie.

Brilliant goal by Foden and some very good attacking play from the whole team.

However, I still think Chelsea will win it at the Kremlin.

Sancho has bags of ability but needs to move the ball quicker. Far too often ends up dribbling backwards to escape challenges, he's good enough to do it, but the momentum is stopped. Nmencha I continue to be underwhelmed by, I think he's going to be a good lower league goalscorer, but not convinced he's clinical enough to be a high end striker, not without his build up play improving a lot. Brahim is on a different level, slipping balls through channels, spinning away from people and generally only being stopped by being kicked and grabbed. Foden I like a lot as well but I think he'll thrive when Brahim moves up and lets him be the main man in the team, Davenport continues to look really tidy as well. Muric looks streets ahead of the keepers we've had in previous years at this level, much more confident and commanding.

Some real quality players in there who could easily make the grade, not convinced any of the Chelsea players will as none of them stood out as anything other than athletes

Sancho has bags of ability but needs to move the ball quicker. Far too often ends up dribbling backwards to escape challenges, he's good enough to do it, but the momentum is stopped. Nmencha I continue to be underwhelmed by, I think he's going to be a good lower league goalscorer, but not convinced he's clinical enough to be a high end striker, not without his build up play improving a lot. Brahim is on a different level, slipping balls through channels, spinning away from people and generally only being stopped by being kicked and grabbed. Foden I like a lot as well but I think he'll thrive when Brahim moves up and lets him be the main man in the team, Davenport continues to look really tidy as well. Muric looks streets ahead of the keepers we've had in previous years at this level, much more confident and commanding.

Some real quality players in there who could easily make the grade, not convinced any of the Chelsea players will as none of them stood out as anything other than athletes

Thought Mason Mount looked a very good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.