Is it harder watching City now we are succesful??

It's not harder – the hard thing is for a lot of fans to shake off the "old days" and the "old City" – people constantly harp back to how we once were... so when people moan about a home draw against Stoke, you get members slagging them off, saying "remember where we were 10... 15...20yrs ago" etc.
We have to let that mentality go now – we are a different team, with different expectations – we should never become arrogant or forget the past, but accept that we are now at a different level!

I'd say the final Pearce season when we couldn't buy a goal at home was the most difficult because the football was unwatchable tripe.

A relegation dog fight can be exciting but, deep down, if you don't want your team to win every match and be the best in the world then you're in the wrong game.

Football obviously incomparable. Get beat today though and I need to avoid tv, papers etc for days whereas before noone gave a toss.

I'm the complete opposite. in the late 90s early 2000's I wouldn't pick up a paper or watch anything football related after a Saturday defeat until about the Wednesday or the Thursday. I'd then get build myself up for the weekend game, only to get beat again and repeat the process.
I generally only have a day of sulking nowadays .

Watching City has always been hard for me apart from 2011-2012 where anytime we lost, there seemed to be a valid reason for it that I knew we could overcome....

I hate watching us because my heart rate shoots up to dangerous levels whether its City, EDS, the women or NYFC. But I'm like a crackhead in that respect, I know the damage watching us will do, but I still do it anyway.

Outside of that there's also the lucky Y-Fronts, sitting with my legs at 90 degree angles, not going to the toilet at half time if we're winning in case I piss our impending victory down the crapper and other kind of weird superstitious shit..... The crazy thing is, I'm not even superstitious..... I think :-)

Nope, not harder for me. Been supporting since age 7 (1976) and I still don't expect anything. I love the good times and can't watch replays of the Aguero goal without getting way too emotional. That said, I try to be realistic about the club and about how big we've grown. I've been stood on the kippax more times than I care to mention, but I wouldn't change things for the world.

I don't care when people make jibes about 'oil money' and such nonsense - this is my club and always has been. The way some people talk as if you should disown your club on the basis that they've had a monetary investment is frankly embarrassing. I've yet to see one supporter stop supporting their club because of this. I can cope with the ups and downs, and to be honest, I can happily live without watching a team half-hardheartedly to the point where I can't be bothered after half-time because the bragging rights are more important than watching the match.

No one fucking shoots. Pass, pass, pass...Like Arsenal 10 years ago. It's dull. Most football is these days. No proper tackles, headed goals are rare, proper wing play(beat a man, pinpoint cross) is a dying art, as is the sliding tackle, players are robots off the pitch and then get slagged off when they do something off message, the game for the people is now a game for the rich.

Worse watching?

Naaaa...It's always been hard to watch City.
You looking for the England job? ;-)

It's not harder – the hard thing is for a lot of fans to shake off the "old days" and the "old City" – people constantly harp back to how we once were... so when people moan about a home draw against Stoke, you get members slagging them off, saying "remember where we were 10... 15...20yrs ago" etc.
We have to let that mentality go now – we are a different team, with different expectations – we should never become arrogant or forget the past, but accept that we are now at a different level!

Exactly this, I found the first title run in pressure esp with it being against United but not harder to watch. As you say what it harder is we have so many fans with the small time mentality of where we was 15 plus years ago as if that holds any relevance to today. Obviously never forget where you came from but shite underperforming seasons aren't acceptable because Lincoln once beat us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.