Match Thread - City V Chelsea (1st leg FA Youth Cup)

there team are massive. they've got some good players, but they rely on strength to much imo. foden was good, but i thought davenport was the best player. hes had a tough season, but i think hes up there with our best young players.

was fantastic to see so many young english players.

Davenport will have a good career, but whether he will end up consistent Premier League quality will remain to be seen.

I think Sancho, Foden, Diaz and maybe the goalkeeper will all end up top flight quality, how many go on and become City quality I don't know, but we gave a good group here.

Davenport will have a good career, but whether he will end up consistent Premier League quality will remain to be seen.

I think Sancho, Foden, Diaz and maybe the goalkeeper will all end up top flight quality, how many go on and become City quality I don't know, but we gave a good group here.

i`m really impressed with mat smith too

Chelsea are an older taller more physical side and they bossed the game in the first half - though we had the better chances, Second half we relaxed and gradually got more and more possession as the game went on. Phil Foden's goal was a peach and he has a great future ahead of him. The rest had a bit of stage fright to be honest.
1-1 is the same first leg score as last year but with a better performance. That said to win Jadon, Brahim and others will need to play better and without fear.
Good to see that City get treated the same by refs at this level as Brahim got kicked off the park all night with zero protection from the ref. Still he'll have to get used to it.
In with a chance but Chelsea are slight favourites now.

also having those two twats commentating, talking about when united had a youth team.

Really enjoyed the game. The fact that Chelsea and bigger and stronger does have a real impact on the game as they do win balls by being physical and there is little we could do about it. But let's not think that's all Chelsea are.They are a quality side who pass the ball well,move intelligently, mostly have a good first touch. Just a good side.

We were definitely second best in that first half and could have gone in 2.1 up ! Second half we upped our game I thought and got at them a lot better. Still they caused problems but not as many and we took the game to them. A few players not at their best maybe but great effort throughout the team and we are still in there.

I will be interested to see if we play the 2nd leg with the same approach or will Carsley try to make us a bit tighter.Either way we certainly need to take our chances better.

The lads did us proud tonight. At one point it looked as though we might get steamrollered but they showed real character to bounce back and we had a little spell in the 2nd half where we looked as though we could go on and win it. I thought no 6 and especially no 8 had good games. That left winger with the funky haircut looked tricky too. Diaz had to fight for every inch of space he got, man were Chelsea well organized. Don't know how old our right back is, he did a decent job but he looked so frail next to the Chelsea behemoths.

The keeper is comfortably better than Bravo already.

two technically gifted youth teams on display, nothing between them, we have a chance this time, fingers crossed they can get over the line next wednesday

Thought Chelsea were a much better 'team' on the day, whilst we have a small group of the most likely 'star' players, most of whom weren't at their best on the day.

All our teams at each older level, including the first team, defend as if Dax has coached them & miss easy chances at the other end.

Was really impressed by both the CMs(Davenport and Smith)

Tracked runners and made late crucial tackles. Some exquisite first time passes/touches. moved the ball well and put themselves about.

Was really impressed by both the CMs(Davenport and Smith)

Tracked runners and made late crucial tackles. Some exquisite first time passes/touches. moved the ball well and put themselves about.
I agree,although not everyone did where Smith was concerned,as the in match comments will confirm.Much of the time Smith was repelling Chelsea's marauding giants on his own.

I agree,although not everyone did where Smith was concerned,as the in match comments will confirm.Much of the time Smith was repelling Chelsea's marauding giants on his own.

Love Matt Smith for all aspects of his game,energy,intelligence,drive and quality but there were a few times where he allowed a Chelsea player to drift into dangerous spaces. Can't be perfect all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.