Gianfranco Zola resigns as Birmingham boss/Redknapp appointed

Not got any time for Rednapp 'ignore what people say, get the money, it is all that matters, get the money' - paraphrased quote by Harry Redknapp. It was on some panorama type show about 10 years ago and i'll never forget that, it tells me exactly what i need to know, a total **** out for himself. You need to be a bit less selfish in footy i think unless you want to fuck clubs up. Giving players a rise just so they can literally brown envelope it to you in your office at a rate of what was it 70/30 in favour of Harry. Seems the type to slap your wife if she does not move out of his way instantly. He thinks he is that man and he is not, he is a short greedy grubby tit and deserves a walk along the canal :-D

A decent job?

Bankrupted or came close to with most of his clubs usually within a few seasons after he has left...

Oxford City, Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth, West Ham...Could have done the same with Spurs but Levy said no to his demands. Meanwhile he took a huge wage, lives in one of the most expensive places in the country, dodged tax fraud by claiming he couldn't read very well and has made a few journeymen footballers very rich.

The man is a ****. End of.
Spot on,but none of it would have been possible without his sidekick Rosie..

A decent job?

Bankrupted or came close to with most of his clubs usually within a few seasons after he has left...

Oxford City, Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth, West Ham...Could have done the same with Spurs but Levy said no to his demands. Meanwhile he took a huge wage, lives in one of the most expensive places in the country, dodged tax fraud by claiming he couldn't read very well and has made a few journeymen footballers very rich.

You nailed it on the head mate when you said Levy stopped his demands. The other clubs have boards and a chairman to make decisions, it's not Redknapp's fault if clubs can't control their finances properly.

West Ham got some great money through sales in the 90's and early 2000's. Their wage bill was on par with Spurs a few years back, they were paying Ljungberg 100k a week back in the day, Spurs only just hit that now. Portsmouth finances were just a calamity all through the club, the others I'm not so sure about what happened

You nailed it on the head mate when you said Levy stopped his demands. The other clubs have boards and a chairman to make decisions, it's not Redknapp's fault if clubs can't control their finances properly.

West Ham got some great money through sales in the 90's and early 2000's. Their wage bill was on par with Spurs a few years back, they were paying Ljungberg 100k a week back in the day, Spurs only just hit that now. Portsmouth finances were just a calamity all through the club, the others I'm not so sure about what happened

The point about Levy is that he didn't bow to Redknapp's wishes because dear old Harry was/ is bent. The other chairmen, seeking a quick buck, went along with his schemes without thinking about the club and the huge consequences.

He's a crook. End of. Implicated in so many schemes but ends up wriggling out of them. In the meantime he feathers his own rather large nest.

Stand up for him if you want, understandable given the position he got you lot in, but always remember exactly who and what he is.

A decent job?

Great post and has saved me the trouble.

The point about Levy is that he didn't bow to Redknapp's wishes because dear old Harry was/ is bent. The other chairmen, seeking a quick buck, went along with his schemes without thinking about the club and the huge consequences.

He's a crook. End of. Implicated in so many schemes but ends up wriggling out of them. In the meantime he feathers his own rather large nest.

Stand up for him if you want, understandable given the position he got you lot in, but always remember exactly who and what he is.
There is no doubt about it about him being a crook, but we've seen that with Allardyce, El Tel, Graham etc. Football is rife with it. Even players putting cash into image rights to avoid paying mega taxes, agents and third party scamming the system.

I don't know much about money but I wouldn't be paying 100k a week to 33 year Olds with no sell on value

Rosie was unavailable for comment this morning.
giphy.gif

Whichever club Twitcher goes to, you can bet your mortgage that financial catastrophe will follow him. It's uncanny the way they go together, it's like Joey Barton and trouble, Paul Gascoigne and hangovers, Kerry Katona and a load of irate bailiffs.
Spuds are the only team (so far) that he hasn't managed to almost bankrupt, but that's only because Levy watches the finances like a lioness watches her cubs - no sane person would try and come between them.
The way him and Mandaric stitched up Portsmouth was a disgrace, and both of them should have gone down for a long long time. But no, once again the Teflon Twitcher escapes the long arm of the law and is free to wreak havoc - this time at Birmingham.

I hope to fuck justice catches up with this chancer sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.