David Silva not recognised by PFA members - again

It is on a season by season basis not on the history of the prem - otherwise Giggs and Shearer would still be winning it. No one from City has outright deserved to win it, otherwise they would have, it isn't a stats contest but a popularity one. No taking turns between big clubs or taking into account league winner the season after.

Read the article, below, Corky. The author is spot on. Do you really believe we haven't had any players worthy of the award ?

https://www.footballfancast.com/opi...t-of-manchester-city-greats-is-a-line-crossed

That article is spot on. For our club to be constantly overlooked/disrespected by the football hierarchy, we must have seriously pissed off the old farts at the FArce and PFA.
Their failure to acknowledge some truly exceptional season(s)-long performance by David, Sergio, Vinnie, Pablo, Carlos and Joe is so obvious it's a compliment. Like you say, we've pissed 'em off. They all know that our best years are in front of us in the CL. And they can deny us recognition, but they can't deny us success....

Read the article, below, Corky. The author is spot on. Do you really believe we haven't had any players worthy of the award ?

https://www.footballfancast.com/opi...t-of-manchester-city-greats-is-a-line-crossed

So you think the votes are rigged now? When city did well no one really stood out like a Bale in 2013 or Suarez in 2014, so city players may have got a lot of votes but they would be split. It is of no concern whatsoever, some players treat it as a joke.

So you think the votes are rigged now? When city did well no one really stood out like a Bale in 2013 or Suarez in 2014, so city players may have got a lot of votes but they would be split. It is of no concern whatsoever, some players treat it as a joke.
No, not saying rigged at all. The PFA award carries more weight than the separate journos award, so it's surprising that players haven't thought any of our players worthy of the award. What I'm saying is the annual results reveal what looks like an in-built bias against us. Last year, Hazard was non-existent. This year he's played well, but in a team that is currently better than ours in four or five key positions. Pundits are full of praise for our stand-out players, but that never translates to recognition for them. I'm sure David and Sergio don't give a stuff, but all I'm saying is it looks a bit strange. ZI gets shortlisted - currently on 28 goals. Sergio on 30 - not recognised. Rooney's been fading for years, but he still regularly received more nominations than Sergio. Strange, strange strange.

There is only 1 reason why most of our players are never chosen for a reward by the PFA, it is because they do not play for any of the so called big clubs, i.e. the London clubs or the red half of both Liverpool and Manchester. That is the 1 and only fact.

So yaya toure scoring 20+ league goals in 2014 didn't really stick out??? The guy pretty much won us the league and carling cup, yet Suarez and hazard finish above him...

I love Spanish Dave.

Our players get overlooked for a number of reasons but mainly because the media big up everyone else and downplay everything we do. Even when our players are fantastic the comments in media are well of course he is a good player, or that he should be like that all the time for the money, or if only he played like that every week etc etc. Those who vote have already been brain washed by the drip drip drip of constant put downs. For what it's worth I'd vote for Kante this season. But I don't love him, I love Spanish Dave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.