Glyn Pardoe,guest of honour next Mid Cheshire Meeting Wed 26th April

oakiecokie

For all you Mid Cheshire lads and lasses, I have now received confirmation from Glyn that he will be delighted to attend our forthcoming Winsford Branch Meeting next Wednesday 26th April at The George & Dragon for a Q & A Session.
Local lad "done good" and still holds the record for the youngest ever City player to don a sky blue shirt whilst still only 15 years of age (and a 300 few days).Glyn also scored the winning Wembley goal in our 2-1 win in the League Cup over WBA, on that absolute quagmire of a pitch.
Don`t forget that this Meeting has been brought forward by 24 hours due to the re-arranged "derby" game with those over the road.
Meeting opened to non members.
Please send PM for further details.
Cheers,
Oakie

April 1962 his debut for City v Birmingham at Maine road just 15 year's of age,was also my very first City game.He wore the number 9 shirt that night,55 year's ago bloody hell.

His youngest record will never be broken given the fact you cannot play before you are 16 anymore.
I believe Malcolm Allison wanted to play Tommy Caton when he was 15 (no idea if he'd have been younger than Glyn at that point) but was prevented from doing so for that reason.

Also the 26th April is 3 days short of the 31st anniversary of the 1986 Youth Cup triumph which Glyn with Skip were coaches.
Give him my regards Oakie please :)

His youngest record will never be broken given the fact you cannot play before you are 16 anymore.
I believe Malcolm Allison wanted to play Tommy Caton when he was 15 (no idea if he'd have been younger than Glyn at that point) but was prevented from doing so for that reason.

Also the 26th April is 3 days short of the 31st anniversary of the 1986 Youth Cup triumph which Glyn with Skip were coaches.
Give him my regards Oakie please :)
Will do mate.Unlike his cousin,my namesake,Alan Oakes hates football nowadays,but with Glyns grandson,Tommy Doyle,being Captain of the under 16`s,Glyn is still very much a dyed in the wool Blue.

Glyn may well have earned 50 caps for England had he not been crippled by the alcoholic,wife beater from the vile out of town imposters

He was a lovely footballer,very quick &,to the best of my knowledge,was never sent off.

A model professional,a pros pro & a lovely guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.