Coventry City - bigger than Manchester City! (says the Cov Telegraph)

Number of league titles: 0
European trophies: 0
FA Cups: 1
League Cups: 0

Bigger club for sure........

One of the reasons why our crowd at Wembley will likely be down on previous years is because maybe arrogantly we expect to be there now.

No longer is a semi-final at Wembley a massive day out like it was against United and Chelsea a few years ago.

If we lose it will be tough to take, but there is quite a high chance we will possibly be there again next season.

Well you can blame me.I`m one fan who has no intention of setting foot in Wembley for a fucking semi final and yes I`m a long standing ST holder who could have gone.
I`m a disgrace.
I agree Oakie,Semi finals should never be at Wembley.

Not read the article, but must say how shocked/impressed I was with how many Cov fans I saw down in London the other week. We were playing Arsenal the same day they were at Wembley. Got chatting to a couple of them, was glad they won with the shit they are going through financially.

In regards to us not filling our allocation, I think it's nothing short of piss poor if I'm being perfectly honest. Yes, in reality we have been dealt a bit of a shit card with the Sunday kick off, travelling team, transport, costs etc. etc. But surely that shouldn't affect the amount of people going that badly. I believe a lot of our fans have become complacent due to our recent regular trips to Wembley. We should never take this for granted, and if you're missing it in fear of missing a few hours sleep for work on Monday morning then I think you've got it wrong.

You just never know how long it will be til another Wembley day out, bite the bullet and go for it. I for one would walk across glass just to be there on Sunday, and no, I'm not a bigger blue than you or anyone else!

Snippet from BBC on Premier League revenue

Increased distributions to clubs competing in Europe, under the new Uefa broadcast rights cycle - notably Manchester City, who reached the semi-finals of the Uefa Champions League - also contributed to Premier League clubs' revenue growth," Mr Jones added.

vS Coventry who contributed 0 and reached the final of the Johnstones/Windows/Autoglass shield for the poor

Oh you've no idea. I live in Coventry and have for years. Like Phil, MES, I went to school here and grew up amongst what are easily the worst fans of any club, anywhere. Coventry is a dog turd of a club and them now going into the bottom tier is a pure joy for me, pure Schadenfreude. I ha 'fan' here on Saturday night and he told me he couldn't get tp the stadium. I told him my round trip was about 250 miles all-in with a slight detour, his was 4.3 miles...I got Google Maps out to make my point. Lol. The Wembley trip the other month...they sold all those seats yet can't get 10k for key matches. terrible fans, just awful. Carts selling scarves and assorted other crap started to appear all over the city in the week leading up the huge game, the Check-a-Trade cup final...I mean, you could not make it up. Horrible club, just utterly crap.

I don't think we sold out for the community shield game against united (2 nil up lost 3-2).

We didn't just like we didn't against Arsenal, I mean a meaningful game there.

Think we probably took a fair few to the full members cup final as well, when it's a once in a bluemoon event it's party day.

That's my point - some united bell end on twitter was buzzing how Plymouth took more when they last went. If you haven't been to Wembley, your teams shit with no success then you will lap any Wembley trips up which was my point with our Gillingham attendance.

Only finals for me from now on the novelty has wore off and those corrupt ****s are not getting any extra cash of me!!!

Unfortunately the more Blues who take this stance could possibly make it harder for us to make the finals If we don't have the support for the semi.
The solution is for northern clubs and fans to put pressure on the FA to have the semis at neutral stadiums as before but with rags in the media tweeting and taking the piss what chance do we have of that happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.