PFA Team of the Year 2017.

Seems fair enough to me, certainly we as a team are unable to beat teams at the top so presumably we should not complain.
Our collective inability to shoot on target may have had an adverse effect on the selections and perhaps a little early for Sane and Jesus to be considered.

One of the weirdest rationalisations I've ever heard, I'm not sure the 3% difference in shot accuracy between us and the best in the league Liverpool is really what swung the votes...

16/17 - Manchester City the only team in top 4 with no players.
15/16 - Manchester City the only team in top 4 with no players.
14/15 - Manchester City the only team in top 4 with no players.
14/15 - Sergio Aguero - the only golden boot winner since 2000 to not get in the TOTY.
13/14 - Manchester City win the league and get 2 players, the lowest of any Champions for 7 years.

And so on...
Haha yeah I know we get shafted (as if it matters, but the wider sinister pattern is intesting) year after year for all sorts of awards.

Perhaps I should have posted 'We're still not really here'.

One of the weirdest rationalisations I've ever heard, I'm not sure the 3% difference in shot accuracy between us and the best in the league Liverpool is really what swung the votes...

Apologies if it was phrased wrongly but my meaning is that we have many shots at the goal from all who choose to do so but the shots rarely hit the target.
By that I mean we miss the static clearly defined goal post area altogether not occasionally but chronically throughout most of the season.

Our conversion to goals record regarding the shots that actually are within the defined area is however OK.

I can't complain that we have no players in there. But I am quite sure if we win the league we'll get three players max and Claude Puel will get Manager of the Season after guiding Southampton to fifth or something like that.

De Gea over Heaton, Courtois, Lloris. Cahill over Azpilicueta and Alderweireld. Mané over... well, everyone. It's mad.

Apologies if it was phrased wrongly but my meaning is that we have many shots at the goal from all who choose to do so but the shots rarely hit the target.
By that I mean we miss the static clearly defined goal post area altogether not occasionally but chronically throughout most of the season.

Our conversion to goals record regarding the shots that actually are within the defined area is however OK.

Our shot accuracy, the % of our shots which go on target, is only 3% lower than the best in the league. That means we miss one more than them roughly every 6 games.

Women have only five players Lucy Bronze, Jenny Beattie, Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Jane Ross which considering we went unbeaten all season and hardly conceded a goal is odd we don't have more. As for the men what have De Gea, Mane and Cahill done to deserve it and has Kane really had a better season than Aguero?

Women have only five players Lucy Bronze, Jenny Beattie, Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Jane Ross which considering we went unbeaten all season and hardly conceded a goal is odd we don't have more. As for the men what have De Gea, Mane and Cahill done to deserve it and has Kane really had a better season than Aguero?

In late February when the voting was done (I think), Kane was probably some way ahead, as Aguero had missed a lot of games.

Arsenal's invincibles only got 6 to be fair.

Looks fair to me :)

I'd swap Cahill with Alderweireld.
Mane with Alexis.
And perhaps De Gea with LLoris or Courtois.

The rest of the team looks pretty fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.