So Pep failed at Bayern?

I don't get that though? I appreciate the logic behind this claim might make sense however the year after we won it United ran away with it with no challenge. They upgraded their team with one player. The year after we won it the second time Chelsea then walked the league with no challenge, same with Leicester last year and now Chelsea again. Had we of spent better and been managed better then there is no reason especially with this spine already in place that we couldn't of won more. We have bought badly and underachieved hugely.

Yes it is a shade below par that we never really laid a glove on anyone during 4 of the last 6 seasons.
However, compared to what when on for the four decades previously maybe it wasn't too bad.

That's odd.

If the games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal had been refereed properly then we'd likely have 9 points more and definitely be challenging this year.
Maybe. But it would have helped if we had defended better in those games and knew how to close a game out.

Yes it is a shade below par that we never really laid a glove on anyone during 4 of the last 6 seasons.
However, compared to what when on for the four decades previously maybe it wasn't too bad.

True to do a degree however previously we didn't have top players, top managers and over a billion pounds of investment!

Maybe. But it would have helped if we had defended better in those games and knew how to close a game out.
Matters not. If the referees had applied the laws of the game as they appear to do for every other fucking team then we'd be nine points better off in all likelihood.

Don't, I've seen more exciting football than this, and unless we get it right like everyone harps on about, I'll see more exciting football in the future. It's subjective and everyone has a slightly different idea of exciting football.
Yes indeed. For some Juve's defensive display last night would be viewed as a thing of beauty. They would find the frustration and emasculation of the
Barca Boys extremely arousing.

Matters not. If the referees had applied the laws of the game as they appear to do for every other fucking team then we'd be nine points better off in all likelihood.
Not true. Most supporters like blaming the ref and the truth is they are universally shite. We may have got a few extra points had some decisions gone our way but nine points?
The fact is poor defending and finishing cost us more points than bad refs.

Is true.

As for nine points. Aren't you up to counting?

You've already quoted my post where I went through the games against Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal away.

All teams make mistakes, but not all team are on the receiving end of bad referee mistakes in the 'big' games.

Who was this guy and where is this post? Because I call bullshit.

In terms of 'blindly adhering to ones principles', it's this sort of shallow and vacuous non-thinking which leads to so many misconceptions about Pep and the football his team plays. You ignored my earlier post so i'll reiterate, all of Pep's teams thus far have been built on supreme defensive stability. This means not only are they the best attacking sides in their respective leagues, they are also the best defensive sides.

I find it hard to believe that anyone being honest would say they prefer to watch Simeone's 'dogs of war' every week to a Guardiola side. Might be novel for a couple of weeks but most people would soon tire of revert to type negativity as soon as decent opposition pitched up.

somebody that likes unbeaten runs that result in draws?

Is true.

As for nine points. Aren't you up to counting?

You've already quoted my post where I went through the games against Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal away.

All teams make mistakes, but not all team are on the receiving end of bad referee mistakes in the 'big' games.

I think you're right we would of certainly had more points had we of been refereed a lot fairer, I just don't think you can concretely say 9 points and repeat it as a definite.

I think you're right we would of certainly had more points had we of been refereed a lot fairer, I just don't think you can concretely say 9 points and repeat it as a definite.
Chelsea - early red - great chance of 3 points
Liverpool - red and pen - again great chance of 2 additional points
Spurs - late-ish red and pen - again 2 additional points.
Arsenal - very late pen - 2 additional points went begging.

So I count 9 points. And it's hardly optimistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.