Thinking outside the box

Blue Maverick

what radical idea would you do if you could to improve the country or the way things are done. After the driving hell of the smart motorway construction and it's possible extension to the M60 mine would be, all HGVs only allowed on the roads between 9pm to 7am, the trucks wouldn't have to pay road tax therefore those savings could be used to pay the extra to the drivers. This would also need large areas for the trucks to park until they started again or obviously the stayed parked at where they dropped off. This would allow the rest of the country the use of the motorways during the day, hopefully causing more free flowing traffic obviously cars can also use at night.
My other would be 5p in income tax to pay for the services we all really want.

what radical idea would you do if you could to improve the country or the way things are done. After the driving hell of the smart motorway construction and it's possible extension to the M60 mine would be, all HGVs only allowed on the roads between 9pm to 7am, the trucks wouldn't have to pay road tax therefore those savings could be used to pay the extra to the drivers. This would also need large areas for the trucks to park until they started again or obviously the stayed parked at where they dropped off. This would allow the rest of the country the use of the motorways during the day, hopefully causing more free flowing traffic obviously cars can also use at night.
My other would be 5p in income tax to pay for the services we all really want.

And when the driver gets to his destination at 2am and no fucker is there because they all start work at 8am what then? Does he wait till then and if so how does he get back? Does he sit there till 9pm at night? What happens if his journey takes longer than 10 hours?

I've always thought that retirement should be phased in, at 61 you drop to a 4 day week, at 62 a 3 day week, 64 a two day week and so on.

I know a few people who died within 6 months of retiring and it was like they had nothing left to live for.

I've always thought that retirement should be phased in, at 61 you drop to a 4 day week, at 62 a 3 day week, 64 a two day week and so on.

I know a few people who died within 6 months of retiring and it was like they had nothing left to live for.

Sad twats

2%rise in VAT that goes directly to the NHS and a cross party committee together with experienced health care workers and managers to put together a strategic 25 year plan for the NHS that cannot be changed by any government

If that succeeds, then the same for education

I wouldn't trust the fuckers to direct the money there, it would get siphoned off somewhere else.

So companies would have to try and get people to do a job for 2 days a week to cover first the 64 year old, and 3 days a week for others etc.. if someone over 60 can afford to work less then they will get a part time job anyhow

It's not so far out the box in that certain places are trialling it already, but a universal basic income scheme. When you think about it in this modern society having to work just to feed yourselves and your family makes little sense, it's just ingrained in our psyche. All that time and energy could be put to greater use. For example we have people standing on check-outs doing a job you could train a chimp to do, what a massive waste of time.

Give everyone enough to pay the bills and proceed with the automation of menial jobs.

You want extra, nice things, then you work. Start a business without fear of losing everything. Have time to be active, to study, to be parents, volunteer, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.