Low flying plane in the night

rickmcfc

last night I woke up abruptly at 3.30am and it was to the sound of a very low flying aircraft overhead. I was bolt upright when I heard it and I was adamant i wasn't dreaming. Did anyone else hear anything last night or was I dreaming, although I'm certain I wasn't.

Last edited:
That is a very good point. Next to Salford Royal Hospital. The Mrs said maybe it was the air ambulance landing but it sounded more like a jet than a helicopter.
This has happened a few times to me. Never thought it meant low flying, just thought the weather conditions were such that the engine noise was transmitted further (ie little wind).

Sorry to hijack your thread mate but did anyone see a metorite last night. My mate whos a bit of a bullshitter said he seen one last night in Oldham.
the lyrid meteor shower is visible between april 16th and 25th each year.
there was a clear sky last night so he may well not be bullshitting.

it peaks around the 22nd and 23rd when about 20 shooting stars an hour can be seen.
tomorrow night, the 22nd, is going to again be clear.
i for one shall be getting out a blanket and taking in the show.

This has happened a few times to me. Never thought it meant low flying, just thought the weather conditions were such that the engine noise was transmitted further (ie little wind).
I think you could be right. There are train tracks 2-3 miles from my home. Most of the time I can't hear the trains at all. But sometimes in the morning, usually 4-5 a.m., if I am out with my dog and the weather conditions are correct, I can hear the freight trains rumbling as clear as if they were right across the street from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.