Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

Once the north stand third tier is built I would turn the entire south stand into safe standing and make it £20 a ticket, make the north stand lower the family stand as it is today and make it £20 a ticket.

Anybody who currently prefers sitting in the third tier south stand to then move into the seated third tier north stand.

no chance the 3rd tier will be made standing.

We are at Wembley on Sunday in the FA Cup semi final, no suprise these shitty articles appear as same every year. Best thing we could all do is close this thread and enjoy the weekend.

Funny that coz his pal Sorriano has been doing everything he can to kill the atmosphere since he rocked up.

Without doubt now we are one of the worst atmospheres in league, Arsenal levels.

Supporters leaving early , empty seats , can't sell Wembley tickets blah , blah , blah it all suits the Rag/Dipper media narrative , they have games against the mighty Burnley and Palace this weekend and we have a sold out FA Cup semi-final date with Arsenal , every time we take the attention away from the cash cows it hurts them like f*ck and long may it continue. City , Arsenal , Chelsea and Spurs are the big news this weekend not the Rags or Dippers let them suck it up.

Well this article is true as I was at one of the fan meetings this week. The club have teamed up with MMU to look at what can be done. The consensus was pretty much what was being said on here for years, in that it isn't just one thing but an accumulation of things (ticket prices, standing, stewards, beer, cheese, not having an end, tourists etc).

And no I didn't blab to the Mail.

I fear that the issue of people leaving early will only get worse with the new parking restrictions around the ground from next season as reported elsewhere on the forums. City need to have a serious chat with the local council to get that canned or at least give suitable alternative.

TfGM need to get the tram situation sorted out plus they are upgrading the main line between Manchester and Leeds and they have an opportunity to put a new rail station in at Miles Platting where there used to be one until the mid 90s which would also help.

I still find it crazy that people feel the need to leave so early. Like most on here I have a job and have to be at work early, my son also comes with me and he is still at school. I currently live the wrong side of the Pennines and have a fun trip over Woodhead Pass to put up with yet always stay to the end.

Does he mean he requires 90 minutes of guttural chanting and drum bashing? Personally it drives me nuts. It's the players who are there to perform, not us. It's their job to get the crowd going, not vice versa. It also suggests that the lack of atmosphere has affected performances. I think that is more to do with unnecessarily f$ckin about with the team and most of the team being unable to hit a barn door.
That sums it up for me too. Some of the matches have been so low key and the football so dire that how can you possible get a good atmosphere.

We always get the best atmosphere when the players respond to some injustice heaped on them by the officials and start getting stuck in, which in turn gets the crowd going.

As for the leaving early arriving late problem, I think this lies firmly at the Club and Local Authorities door:-
  1. Who is going to get into the stadium early when the food and drink prices are so excessive?
  2. The road network around the stadium is poor and a multitude of traffic/pedestrian signals do not help the flow.
  3. Metrolink is useless. I have repeatedly brought this to the Clubs attention but they do not seem to care, should I go directly to Pep?
  4. Half time food & beverage service is sub standard hence the half time exodus on 35 minutes.
  5. The family stand is a disaster, surely spreading the younger fans round the stadium would be a much better idea.
I was really looking forward to Pep's arrival and thought he would improve the overall team display. So far I am not that impressed as his constant tinkering has basically stuffed our title bid this year and his Chumps League results are no better than his predecessors. If he keeps moaning about us fans his stock will fairly quickly deteriorate, he should concentrate on improving things on the field of play and not sign players who are worse than the ones he already has.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.