Budget PAYG Phone Dilemma.

you want me to buy a second hand battery for my phone? or the battery powering you? If it's the latter is there any wiggle room on price :)
The battery on the xiaomi note is a sealed unit mate. Can't get it out without wrecking an already wrecked phone. Would wreck yours too. If you can bypass this problem, it's yours for nowt.

You can have my battery for a tenner.

The battery on the xiaomi note is a sealed unit mate. Can't get it out without wrecking an already wrecked phone. Would wreck yours too. If you can bypass this problem, it's yours for nowt.

sounds a bargain :) But not for me. Think I will just buy a new sammy one. as it happens the note 4 is a cracking phone if the OP can get it at the right price, spec wise nothing blows it out of the water, but the aging Proc chip is the worry for high end users

sounds a bargain :) But not for me. Think I will just buy a new sammy one. as it happens the note 4 is a cracking phone if the OP can get it at the right price, spec wise nothing blows it out of the water, but the aging Proc chip is the worry for high end users
Am i right in you recommending the Xiaomi note 4 to Taxi?

Just prised Xiaomi open. Battery Is a sealed unit like i thought.

Chinese bag o' shite.

Last edited:
The Chinese are an ever evolving nation with an ability to tap into particular markets.
You only have to look at the Hisense TV's that are now on offer.
Hands up if you have heard of them because you very soon will as they become more prominent on the high street.
They are the ofitial sponsors of the F1 Red Bull racing team.
Their new H10D 70 inch telly is to be introduced into UK market early 17
The main difference with last years Uled waffle-ology is that their H10D series will feature full array local dimming and is Ultra HD Premium certified.So yes the Chinese look to see what's available from their competition and look at ways of maintain that cutting edge.

Possible major players in the phone market as their Honor phones are tried and tested.
But can there be anything that can currently sniff at this Moto 4G @ £129 .
The 4G Plus is exquisite having the features of the 4G but sports a better camera with finger print scanner.
Will I need a better camera with protective fingerprint technology to keep my files secure and safe I think not.
My days as a field operative now resigned to the anals of history..

Going to stay with it for another 2 hours tonight and then make a strike.
Magpie on line is really to be considered as a second hand option.
The twelve month warranty is very tempting and they may just offer a px price for our four month old emergency Bush.

If I do swing the Moto G4 way then nostalgia will turn full circle because my first phone was a Motorola.
About the size of a firebrick and you screwed on the antenna seperatly.
Acquired sometime early nineties I believe ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chinese are an ever evolving nation with an ability to tap into a particular market.
You only have to look at the Hisense TV's that are now on offer.
Hands up if you have heard of them because you very soon will as they become more prominent on the high street.
They are the ofitial sponsors of the F1 Red Bull racing team.

Their new H10D 70 inch telly is to be introduced into UK market early 17
The main difference with last years Uled waffle-ology is that their H10D series will feature full array local dimming and is Ultra HD Premium certified.The one I was interested in was the 65 M7000 which only achieved around 450 nits and was devoid of the ultra HD certification that the industry now prescribes itself to.
So yes the Chinese look to see what's available from their competition and look at ways of maintain a cutting edge.
Offered up at a more competitive price than established brands but that's no bad thing.
The H10 is out soon and should be priced at around the £2400 mark for the 70 incher

I believe the Chinese will be major players in the phone market as their Honor phones are already tried and tested.
But can there be anything that can sniff at this Moto 4G @ £129 .
Between the two versions the value has to lie with the 4G.
The 4G Plus is exquisite having the features of the 4G but sports a better camera with finger print scanner.
Will I need a better camera with protective fingerprint technology to keep files secure and safe I think not as my days as a field operative are long resigned to the anals of history..

Going to stay with it for another 2 hours tonight and then make my strike.
Magpie on line is really to be considered as a second hand option.
The twelve month warranty is very tempting and they may just offer a px price for our four month old emergency Bush.

If I do swing the Moto G4 way then nostalgia will have turned full circle as my first ever phone was a Motorola.
About the size of a firebrick and you screwed on the antenna seperatly.
Acquired sometime early nineties I believe ?
I have heard of Hisense Taxi, and believe they will soon be a high st brand. Xiaomi are huge in China and their smartphones there outsell Apple and Samsung. I watched some YouTube geek do a review of the Xiaomi( I bought) v i- phone 6, and on a few tests the guy claimed the Xiaomi slightly better. Overall the i-phone won but it should considering it costs £400 more!

As for Huawei, they truly are huge in world telecoms, THE biggest player, overtaking Ericsson and Nokia. The UK Cell site network was mostly powered up with Nokia or Ericsson. Now they have been out muscled by Huawei, and all 4 UK network Cell sites are ran on Huawei gear. USA won't touch them though as the yanks are paranoid their software has spyware in it as are the French. I have been to their UK HQ in Reading, and I'm accredited to install their equipment as Telecoms is what I do.

Huawei are in third place in the handset market behind the obvious two Apple and Samsung, and with better marketing, i wouldn't be surprised if they take number one spot in the next 5 years. Their P9/10 phones are excellent.

Last edited:
Still on a second gen e2 from Moto. Contract runs out this month and I've gone SIM only for £6 with Virgin as the phone is still smooth as fuck.

I have been looking at a new Moto from thier OS you can buy & customise colour etc for £140 on a G4.

That's where I'll be going once my current phone slows down.

I had no idea Huawei were already so prominent bluemoon risin.
Thanks for everyones input and hopefully this thread will have opened up new buying channels to others on the lookout for a budget handset that ticks most boxes.

I have just ordered the Moto 4G because I felt it was a solid all rounder offering up all that we needed.
Good processer good screen size with gorilla glass good operating system with marshmallow 6 and fine aesthetics.
What really encouraged me the most was the ridiculously low price of £129.
Again thanks for all the input.

What is incredible is that once a buying desision has been made you can aquire at the lowest market price with the assistance of bots that scour the market.Did any of us begin to realise back in the early days just how potent a tool Ecommerce would really come.
Sad for the town centre retailer but the futures bright indeed.

bluebe4themoon that is a good call.
Contract sims only are now costing absolute pennies so it makes good sense to aquire the handset seperatly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea Huawei were already so prominent bluemoon risin.
Thanks for everyones input and hopefully this thread will have opened up new buying channels to others on the lookout for a budget handset that ticks most boxes.

I have just ordered the Moto 4G because I felt it was a solid all rounder offering up all that we needed.
Good processer good screen size with gorilla glass good operating system with marshmallow 6 and fine aesthetics.
What really encouraged me the most was the ridiculously low price of £129.
Again thanks for all the input.

What is incredible is that once a buying desision has been made you can aquire at the lowest market price with the assistance of bots that scour the market.Did any of us begin to realise back in the early days just how potent a tool Ecommerce would really come.
Sad for the town centre retailer but the futures bright indeed.

bluebe4themoon that is a good call.
Contact sims only are now costing absolute pennies so it makes good sense to aquire the handset seperatly.
your new phone is a prudent and sensible choice Taxi. However, like many things we buy, phones are a fashion parade. My eldest daughter has just got the iPhone 7 on contract thanks to me paying her bill. Kids eh, latest iPhone or Samsung only just like the Nike or Adidas trainers on their feet, essential fashion items of today's youth.

Your phone is equivalent of a pair of Puma Taxi, well made but " I'm not going to school in them dad". ; )

January mate. Better than promised. They had listed the phone as C grade. Which I think they class as used with signs of wear and tear. I just thought for an S6 at that price I couldn't care less about the shell as it would be going in a case anyway. Turned up two days later and apart from the tiniest cracked in the back looks brand new. Just had a look and they are up to £150. Which is still an absolute steal for the amount of phone you get. Plus you get a 12 month warranty with them.

The Samsung S5 looks brilliant value for £109 on the Magpie site, are Magpie reliable?

I was in the market for a phone with a sim only package and bought a HTC M8 from there after reading a thread which contained the above quote
Everything was as promised

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.