Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as it's always been, homegrown players aren't a necessity? Good.

Sick of the warped perception.

I can see Pochettino looking at Trippier and thinking he can replace Walker.

With a new stadium to pay for I reckon Pochettino will have to raise cash from player sales.

Fringe players, perhaps. Not the likes of Walker and Rose. They are among Pochettino's favourites. Daniel Levy will do nigh on anything to keep Pochettino happy. He knows full well that Pochettino is a perfect fit for Spurs and the best thing to happen to the club for decades. He also knows full well that, as happened at Southampton, Pochettino will walk if he sees his best players sold - especially to Premier League rivals.

So I'd take any stories of Spurs' best players leaving this summer with a huge handful of salt.

Fringe players, perhaps. Not the likes of Walker and Rose. They are among Pochettino's favourites. Daniel Levy will do nigh on anything to keep Pochettino happy. He knows full well that Pochettino is a perfect fit for Spurs and the best thing to happen to the club for decades. He also knows full well that, as happened at Southampton, Pochettino will walk if he sees his best players sold - especially to Premier League rivals.

So I'd take any stories of Spurs' best players leaving this summer with a huge handful of salt.

The problem I think is that with a new stadium to build can they afford to give Pochettino a decent transfer kitty without having to raise some decent funds for player sales. Also the wage bill will have to increase otherwise players will go to another team that can compete for trophies whilst earning double if not treble their current salaries.'

The big one will be player salaries. Look at Kane, 80k-100k a week for a player that scored over 20 league goals three seasons running. The lad is easily worth 200k a week in the modern market.

Dele Alli is another one. He will be able to demand 100k plus if he carries on as he is. 50k a week I think he rumoured to be currently on.

The problem I think is that with a new stadium to build can they afford to give Pochettino a decent transfer kitty without having to raise some decent funds for player sales. Also the wage bill will have to increase otherwise players will go to another team that can compete for trophies whilst earning double if not treble their current salaries.'

The big one will be player salaries. Look at Kane, 80k-100k a week for a player that scored over 20 league goals three seasons running. The lad is easily worth 200k a week in the modern market.

Dele Alli is another one. He will be able to demand 100k plus if he carries on as he is. 50k a week I think he rumoured to be currently on.

Spurs have operated on a zero net spend budget for some considerable time. They also have one of the best academies in the country and a manager who has proved that he is ready and willing to use it.

Totally agreed about wages but, for now, all the players seem to have bought into Pochettino's ideas and where they think Spurs are heading. They've all, bar Alderweireld, signed new contracts within the last 12 months despite the fact that all of them could have earned considerably more elsewhere. Nevertheless, Spurs will have to start closing the wage gap somewhat. And they should have plenty of latitude to do so. By the time that they are settled in their new stadium, revenues will be in the region of £350m per annum - without counting on CL qualification. That will allow them to increase the wage bill by at least 50%. Maybe more.

I never pay too much attention to salary figures quoted in the media. They are, for the most part, just educated guesses. Besides which, player salaries at Spurs are known to be very much performance dependent. So the eventual amount earned can be significantly higher than the basic salary.

Manchester City believe they can tempt Tottenham into selling Kyle Walker even though Daniel Levy would prefer to sell abroad. [Telegraph]

City are less optimistic about signing Danny Rose, but have received encouragement that Spurs will listen to bids for Walker. [Telegraph]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.