Tosin Adarabioyo

If there are several Academy players including Tosin who are ready for first team action or need the top level game time for their development why has Pep refused to play them?

If there are several Academy players including Tosin who are ready for first team action or need the top level game time for their development why has Pep refused to play them?

He hasn't tbf. He played some of them when he could & has not often been in a postion to repeat it, due to us being knocked out of the League Cup.

Diaz etc have not yet been quite ready to step up, but need a bigger challenge next season, when they should be.

Aleix Garcia is the one perhaps who has been unlucky this season.

He hasn't tbf. He played some of them when he could & has not often been in a postion to repeat it, due to us being knocked out of the League Cup.

Diaz etc have not yet been quite ready to step up, but need a bigger challenge next season, when they should be.

I don't watch Academy games at all. Are any ready for 20+ first team games next season?

He's only been not in a position to play them because he follows the Pellegrini and Mancini school of never playing a kid in a league game. Players like Tom Davies were not given 4 cup games over 3 years to see if they were good enough, they were just chucked into the league.

He's only been not in a position to play them because he follows the Pellegrini and Mancini school of never playing a kid in a league game. Players like Tom Davies were not given 4 cup games over 3 years to see if they were good enough, they were just chucked into the league.
Yep agree. I had expected better from him in that compared to Pellegrini but he's if possible showed less trust in youth (particularly Iheanacho).

Careful chaps. Start mildly querying our youth policy on here and you get slagged off for being a 'troll'. Glad to see that others are as slightly concerned as I am. Well, not 'glad' obviously, I just want to see some signs of progress in developing a youngster or two. Maybe three if the wind's in the right direction. If we can't do it then who on earth can? It's vital not just for us but for English football in general; we're going down the pan rapidly at international level. Just my twopennorth (sic) worth.

If the kid goes he goes.
Its no big deal.
Unless we buy him back for 50 million in a couple of years. Not impossible of course with our leaders.
You can buy better finished players for peanuts if you look around.
Why agonise over a kid who wants away? Good luck to him.

Agree Guardiola appears to be just another check book manager sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.